Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according action agent allowed amount appear applied authority Bank benefit bill cause character charge charitable claim common condition considered Constitution contract corporation course Court creditor damages death debt decided decision deed defendant delivered demand direct duty effect enforced entitled equity established evidence executed existing express fact favor give given grant ground held hold homestead husband interest issue judges judgment jury justice land legislature liable limited matter means mortgage nature necessary notice officer opinion owner paid parties passed payment person plaintiff possession present principle proved purchaser question Railway reason received reference refused regard Reports residence respect rule says seems statute sufficient suit taken tenant tion transfer trial trust United valid wife York
531. oldal - The court of general sessions of the peace in and for the city and county of New York.
715. oldal - The principle asserted is, that one legislature is competent to repeal any act which a former legislature was competent to pass; and that one legislature cannot abridge the powers of a succeeding legislature. The correctness of this principle, so far as respects general legislation, can never be controverted. But, if an act be done under a law, a succeeding legislature cannot undo it. The past cannot be recalled by the most absolute power.
532. oldal - Federal courts, no person shall be compelled in a criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor deprived of his liberty, without due process of law.
591. oldal - ... must be considered in the same situation as to responsibility as if the facts with respect to which the delusion exists were real.
91. oldal - The sovereignty of a state extends to everything which exists by its own authority, or is introduced by its permission; but does it extend to those means which are employed by congress to carry into execution powers conferred on that body by the people of the United States?
719. oldal - That the taxing power is of vital importance, that it is essential to the existence of government, are truths which it cannot be necessary to reaffirm.
717. oldal - The only security against the abuse of this power, is found in the structure of the government itself. In imposing a tax, the legislature acts upon its constituents. This is, in general, a sufficient security against erroneous and oppressive taxation. The people of a state,- therefore, give to their government a right of taxing themselves and their property, and as the exigencies of government...
298. oldal - ... for seeing somebody must be a loser by this deceit, it is more reason that he that employs and puts a trust and confidence in the deceiver should be a loser, than a stranger.
717. oldal - All subjects over which the sovereign power of a State extends are objects of taxation; but those over which it does not extend are, upon the soundest principles, exempt from taxation.
276. oldal - An act to provide for the better security of the lives of passengers on board of vessels propelled in whole or in part by steam...