Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
aged ancient Anne appears Bishop British brother building called Capt character Charles church contains Court daughter death died Duchess Duke Earl early edition Edward eldest eldest dau Elizabeth England English father feet friends George give given Hall hand head Henry House interest Italy James John King Lady late learned letter living London Lord Major March married Mary means ment nature never observed opinion original period persons possession present probably published received relict remains remarkable residence respect Richard Robert Roman Royal says side Smith Society stone style third Thomas thought tion volume whole widow wife writings youngest
562. oldal - Phoebus' mansion ; such a waggoner As Phaeton would whip you to the west, And bring in cloudy night immediately. — Spread thy close curtain, love-performing night ! That run-away's eyes may wink ; and Romeo Leap to these arms, untalk'd of, and unseen ! — Lovers can see to do their amorous rites By their own beauties: or, if love be blind, It best agrees with night. — Come, civil...
53. oldal - And in our deepest desertion, and in our most peculiar sorrows, we may rest assured, that " there hath no temptation taken " us " but such as is common to man ; but God is faithful, who will not suffer" us " to be tempted above that" we " are able ; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that " we
426. oldal - I dine with the rich in London, and physic the poor in the country; passing from the sauces of Dives to the sores of Lazarus. I am, upon the whole, a happy man ; have found the world an entertaining world, and am thankful to Providence for the part allotted to me in it.
47. oldal - ... tied in a stiff Hessian tail, of an extraordinary length; the old-fashioned flaps of his waistcoat added to the general quaintness of his figure, and produced an appearance which particularly attracted my notice; for I had never seen anything like it before, nor could I imagine who he was, nor what he came about. My doubts were, however, removed, when Lord Hood introduced me to him. There was something irresistibly pleasing in his address and conversation; and an enthusiasm, when speaking on...
90. oldal - Third, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, King, Defender of the Faith ; whom God bless and preserve with long life, health, and honour, and all worldly happiness.
257. oldal - twixt the green sea and the azur'd vault Set roaring war : to the dread rattling thunder Have I given fire, and rifted Jove's stout oak With his own bolt...
423. oldal - The laws of debt and conspiracy were on the worst footing. The enormous wickedness of the slave trade was tolerated. A thousand evils were in existence, which the talents of good and able men have since lessened or removed ; and these efforts have been not a little assisted by the honest boldness of the Edinburg Review.
186. oldal - Then hear thou from the heavens, and forgive the sin of thy people Israel, and bring them again unto the land which thou gavest to them and to their fathers. When the heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against thee; yet if they pray toward...
121. oldal - That they are not a pipe for fortune's finger To sound what stop she please. Give me that man That is not passion's slave, and I will wear him In my heart's core, ay, in my heart of heart, As I do thee.