Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affections amusements become begin better Bible body brother called carry character Christian corrupt course death desire duty early earth evil faithful father fearful feel gain give habits hand happiness heart heaven honest honor hope hour human influence intellectual interest keep kind labor land lead less light live look means mental mind moral mother nature never noble once one's parents pass path perhaps period practical present principles pure purity race reason recreations regard relations respect sacred scenes seek society sometimes soon soul spirit stand step success sure taste thing thought thousand tion true truth turn vice virtue volume whole young young men youth
139. oldal - So dear to Heaven is saintly chastity, That when a soul is found sincerely so, A thousand liveried angels lackey her, Driving far off each thing of sin and guilt...
191. oldal - I have regularly and attentively perused these Holy Scriptures, and am of opinion that this volume, independently of its divine origin, contains more true sublimity, more exquisite beauty, more pure morality, more important history, and finer strains of poetry and eloquence, than can be collected from all other books, in whatever age or language they may have been written.
142. oldal - Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths. For she hath cast down many wounded : yea, many strong men have been slain by her. Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.
191. oldal - Before him went the pestilence, And burning coals went forth at his feet. He stood, and measured the earth: He beheld, and drove asunder the nations; And the everlasting mountains were scattered, The perpetual hills did bow: His ways are everlasting.
155. oldal - Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.
214. oldal - And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory ; and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.
159. oldal - Many a man lives a burden to the earth; but a good book is the precious life-blood of a master spirit, embalmed and treasured up on purpose to a life beyond life.
39. oldal - THEY grew in beauty side by side, They filled one home with glee, Their graves are severed far and wide, By mount, and stream, and sea. The same fond mother bent at night O'er each fair sleeping brow, She had each folded flower in sight— Where are those dreamers now? One midst the...