Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
againſt alſo appear aſſembly attention authority body brought called carried cauſe charge chief common conduct contained continued courſe court danger daughter death directed duty effect eſq examination eyes feet firſt force four give given hands head himſelf honour houſe immediately iſſued Italy John king lady laſt late leſs live London lord majeſty manner matter means meaſure ment mind moſt muſt nature navy never object obſerved occaſion opinion paid Paris particular paſſed payment perſon preſent principles priſoner produced purpoſe quarter reaſon received remain reſpect ſaid ſame ſeemed ſervice ſet ſeveral ſhall ſhip ſhould ſmall ſome ſon Spain ſtate ſubject ſuch ſum taken themſelves theſe thing thoſe thought tion uſe whole whoſe
201. oldal - The Body of Benjamin Franklin Printer (Like the cover of an old book Its contents torn out And stript of its lettering and gilding) Lies here, food for worms. But the work shall not be lost For it will (as he believed) appear once more In a new and more elegant edition Revised and corrected by The Author.* * The foregoing epitaph was written by Dr.
12. oldal - To see him setting out on a journey, was a matter truly curious: his first care was to put two or three eggs, boiled hard, into his great-coat pocket, or any scraps of bread which he found; baggage he never took; then, mounting one of his hunters, his next attention was to get out of London, into that road where turnpikes were the fewest.
277. oldal - Majefty's moft dutiful and loyal fubje&s the Commons of Great Britain, in Parliament aflembled, beg leave to return Your Majefty our humble thanks, for your moft gracious fpeech from the Throne.
167. oldal - ... did actually more than once reach us. Again they would retreat so as to be almost out of sight, their tops reaching to the very clouds. There the tops often separated from the bodies ; and these, once disjoined, dispersed in the air, and did not appear more.
16. oldal - Forest ; and an old man and woman, his tenants, •were the only persons with whom he could hold any converse. Here he fell ill ; and as he would have no...
87. oldal - Queen could not be persuaded that it was his writing whose name was to it, but that it had some more mischievous author, and said with great indignation, that she would have him racked to produce his author, I replied : ' Nay, Madam, he is a doctor ; never rack his person, but rack his...
162. oldal - ... from his bones, they do not meddle with the thighs, or the parts where the great arteries are. At...
33. oldal - I was placed in, by living in a native family, I had an opportunity of feeing more of the nature and difpofition of the middling- fort of people, and their manners and cuftoms, than perhaps has fallen to the lot of moft travellers, I am induced to give the few obfervations I made during that period. The Perfians, with refpeft to outward behaviour, are certainly the Parifians of the Eaffl.