Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admirable admit Africa ancient Belisarius Bosphorus Carthage chapter character Christian Church Cloth Constantine Constantinople conversation Crown 8vo Curchod death Decline and Fall defect Deyverdun early Edited empire English Europe eyes father French Gelimer genius Gibbon Greek Half Calf harbour Hellespont historian History of England honour Hume hundred Illustrations Italy John Lothrop Motley John S. C. Abbott Julian labour Latin Lausanne learned less letters literature lived LL.D Lord North Lord Sheffield Madame Necker Maps Marquis matter Mdlle Memoirs ment merit militia mind months narrative never Oxford pagan Paris Parliament passed perhaps period Plautus poet political Portraits Private Libraries Propontis Public and Private regret religious Roman Rome Samuel Smiles says scene scholar seems Sheep singular social society soon spirit style Tacitus taste thought tion Valuable and Interesting vols Voltaire volume writes wrote
12. oldal - The Desert of the Exodus. Journeys on Foot in the Wilderness of the Forty Years' Wanderings, undertaken in connection with the Ordnance Survey of Sinai and the Palestine Exploration Fund. By EH PALMER, MA, Lord Almoner's Professor of Arabic and Fellow of St.
4. oldal - MOHAMMED AND MOHAMMEDANISM: Lectures Delivered at the Royal Institution of Great Britain in February and March, 1874. By R.
10. oldal - HOMES WITHOUT HANDS; a Description of the Habitations of Animals, classed according to their Principle of Construction.
12. oldal - Without a single lecture, either public or private, either Christian or protestant, without any academical subscription, without any episcopal confirmation, I was left by the dim light of my catechism to grope my way to the chapel and communiontable, where I was admitted, without a question, how far, or by what means, I might be qualified to receive the sacrament.
136. oldal - It was on the day, or rather night, of the 27th of June 1787, between the hours of eleven and twelve, that I wrote the last lines of the last page in a summer-house in my garden. After laying down my pen, I took several turns in a berceau, or covered walk of acacias, which commands a prospect of the country, the lake, and the mountains.
1. oldal - The Life and Death of John of Barneveld, Advocate of Holland : with a View of the Primary Causes and Movements of "The Thirty Years
27. oldal - The habits of pleasure fortified my taste for the French theatre, and that taste has perhaps abated my idolatry for the gigantic genius of Shakespeare, which is inculcated from our infancy as the first duty of an Englishman.
21. oldal - The various articles of the Romish creed disappeared like a dream; and after a full conviction, on Christmas Day 1754, I received the sacrament in the church of Lausanne. It was here that I suspended my religious inquiries, acquiescing with implicit belief in the tenets and mysteries which are adopted by the general consent of Catholics and Protestants.