Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affections Apostle appear appointed authority bear become believe blessings body character Christ Christian conduct consider consist continually corrupt creatures death desire direct disposition Divine doctrine duty earth enjoy enjoyment eternal evident evil expect faith Father fear feel flesh give given glory godliness Gospel grace hand happiness heart heaven holy honour hope importance infinite influence Jesus Christ kind kingdom knowledge less light live look Lord manner means mind motives nature obedience object observe obtain ourselves peace perfect persons pleasure possess prayer present principle produce promises pure reason receive Redeemer regard religion requires respect righteousness salvation Saviour Scripture sense serve sinners sins soul Spirit sufferings temper tenderness thee things thou thoughts tion true trust truth unto whole worldly
167. oldal - And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole : and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.
vi. oldal - He is despised and rejected of men ; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him: he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him: and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every...
215. oldal - Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
216. oldal - What shall we say then ? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound ? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein...
vii. oldal - And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not ; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; 31 And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.
200. oldal - Spirit in the inner man; that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints, what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
397. oldal - And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.
xi. oldal - And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.
167. oldal - And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness ? for there is no bread, neither is there any water ; and our soul loatheth this light bread. And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people ; and much people of Israel died.
223. oldal - Albeit that good works, which are the fruits of faith, and follow after justification, cannot put away our sins, and endure the severity of God's judgment ; yet are they pleasing and acceptable to God in Christ, and do spring out necessarily of a true and lively faith ; insomuch that by them a li vely faith may be as evidently known, as a tree discerned by the fruit.