Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
On the Frontier: Reminiscences of Wild Sports, Personal Adventure, and ...
J. S. Campion
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
amongst animals Apache Apache-Yumayas arrived bank beaver braves buck buffalo camp chief civilised cloth colour commenced course covered danger dark deer Demy 8vo distance dogs edge Edition eyes Fcap feet fire Fort Garland Fort Riley give going grass ground hand head herd horses hundred hunting Illustrations Indian John Connor killed knew Large crown 8vo lava legs LITTLE DORRIT looked MARTIN CHUZZLEWIT meat miles Mojave morning Mosca Pass mountains mounted mules nearly never night numerous OLIVER TWIST Pah-Squal party passed Phiz PICKWICK PAPERS plain Post 8vo prairie rancho rifle river San Luis Valley savage seen shot side sight SKETCHES BY BOZ skin smoke snow Soda Lake soon SOUTH KENSINGTON MUSEUM sport stood stream things timber took tracks trail trap travelling tree tribe turkeys turned unmounted vols waggons Wet-mountain Valley wild wolf women yards
19. oldal - This Edition is printed on a finer paper and in a larger type than has been employed in any previous edition. The type has been cast especially for it, and the page is of a size to admit of the introduction of all the original illustrations. No such attractive issue has been made of the writings of Mr. Dickens, which, various as have been the forms of publication adapted to the demands of an e- er widely-increasing popularity, have never yet been worthily presented in a .really handsome library form.
8. oldal - TO THE RESIGNATION OF THE GLADSTONE MINISTRY. A Cheap Edition, carefully revised, and carried up to March, 1874.
4. oldal - The Life and Times of Prince Charles Stuart, Count of Albany, commonly called the Young Pretender. From the State Papers and other Sources. New and Cheaper Edition, with a Portrait, crown 8vo, cloth extra, 7s.
14. oldal - Large crown 8vo, 7s. 6d. FOOD : A Short Account of the Sources, Constituents, and Uses of Food ; intended chiefly as a Guide to the Food Collection in the Bethnal Green Museum. By AH CHURCH, MA, Oxon. Large crown 8vo, 3s. SCIENCE CONFERENCES. Delivered at the South Kensington Museum. Crown 8vo, 2 vols., 6s. each. VOL. I. — Physics and Mechanics. VOL.
12. oldal - THE EPOCHS OF PAINTING. A Biographical and Critical Essay on Painting and Painters of all Times and many Places.
3. oldal - Assaying : As applied to the Manufacture of Iron from its Ores, and to Cast Iron, Wrought Iron, and Steel, as found in Commerce.
19. oldal - Illustrations by Phiz. THE UNCOMMERCIAL TRAVELLER. With 8 Illustrations by Marcus Stone. GREAT EXPECTATIONS. With 8 Illustrations by Marcus Stone. OUR MUTUAL FRIEND. 2 vols. With 40 Illustrations by Marcus Stone. CHRISTMAS BOOKS. With 17 Illustrations by Sir Edwin Landseer, RA, Maclise, RA, &c. &c. HISTORY OF ENGLAND. With 8 Illustrations by Marcus Stone. CHRISTMAS STORIES. (From "Household Words" and "All the Year Round.") With 14 Illustrations.
12. oldal - THE CHARACTERISTICS OF STYLES: An Introduction to the Study of the History of Ornamental Art. Royal 8vo, 8s.