Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts amongst answer apostles appear argument Assembly authority better Bishops body Brethren brought called Canons cause Chap chapter Christ Christian church Civil common communion concerning congregation conscience covenant deny desire difference Discipline Divines doctrine doth Elders England faith follow further give given God's godly ground hands hath hold holy honour House Independent John join judge judgment jurisdiction King kingdom learned least less liberty live Lord matter means ministers nature never officers opinion ordinances Parliament particular party persons Popery practice prayer preaching Presbytery present profess Protestation prove question reason received Reformation relation religion rule saith Scripture Separation speak spirit stand synod taken tell thereof things tion true truth unto whole worship writes
18. oldal - Herdman's art belongs! What recks it them? What need they? They are sped; And, when they list, their lean and flashy songs Grate on their scrannel pipes of wretched straw; The hungry sheep look up, and are not fed, But, swoln with wind and the rank mist they draw, Rot inwardly, and foul contagion spread; Besides what the grim Wolf with privy paw Daily devours apace, and nothing said. But that two-handed engine at the door 130 Stands ready to smite once, and smite no more.
69. oldal - I, AB, do in the Presence of Almighty God promise, vow and protest, To maintain and defend as far as lawfully I may, with my life, power and estate, the True Reformed Protestant Religion, expressed in the Doctrine of the Church of England...
203. oldal - Deans, Deans and Chapters, Archdeacons, and all other ecclesiastical officers depending on that hierarchy), superstition, heresy, schism, profaneness, and whatsoever shall be found to be contrary to sound doctrine and the power of godliness lest we partake in other men's sins, and thereby be in danger to receive of their plagues ; and that the Lord may be one, and His name one in the three kingdoms.
117. oldal - He, writing of episcopacy and by the way treating of sects and schisms, left ye his vote, or rather now the last words of his dying charge, which I know will ever be of dear and...
17. oldal - That to the faithful herdman's art belongs! What recks it them? What need they? They are sped; And when they list, their lean and flashy songs Grate on their scrannel pipes of wretched straw; The hungry sheep look up, and are not fed, But...
152. oldal - And, the better to effect the intended reformation, we desire there may be a general synod of the most grave, pious, learned, and judicious divines of this island, assisted by some from foreign parts professing the same religion with us ; who may consider of all things necessary for the peace and good government of the church, and represent the results of their consultations unto the parliament, to be there allowed of and confirmed, and receive the stamp of authority...
16. oldal - For men to be tied and led by authority, as it were with a kind of captivity of judgment, and, though there be reason to the contrary, not to listen unto it, but to follow, like beasts, the first in the herd, they know not nor care not whither : this were brutish. Again, that authority of men should prevail with men, either against or above Reason, is no part of our belief. Companies of learned men, be they never so great and reverend, are to yield unto Reason.
152. oldal - And we do here declare that it is far from our purpose or desire to let loose the golden reins of discipline and government in the Church, to leave private persons or particular congregations to take up what form of Divine Service they please, for we hold it requisite that there should be throughout the whole realm a conformity to that order which the laws enjoin according to the Word of God.