Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
apostles appear army arrived Assyria authority became began believers body called carried cause Christ Christianity church circumstances commanded conduct consequence continued converts crown David death died directed disciples Divine doubt effect Egypt Elijah equally event failed faith father favour followers gave give given God's hands head held holy honour immediately Israel Jehovah Jerusalem Jesus Jewish Jews John Judah Judea king kingdom latter less Lord manner means Messiah mind nature object occasion offered once passed Paul performed period permitted Persian person Peter possessed present priests prince proceeded promise prophet reason received refused reign respect rest restored returned seems sent soon spirit succeeded success suffered taken temple things throne tion took tribes turned whole worship
235. oldal - And there followed him a great company of people, and of women, which also bewailed and lamented him. But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck.
204. oldal - Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
178. oldal - And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just ; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
178. oldal - For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
257. oldal - Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost. And the young men came in, and found her dead, and carrying her forth buried her by her husband. And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.
185. oldal - To give light to them that sit in darkness, and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. And the child grew and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his showing unto Israel.
187. oldal - And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son ; in thee I am well pleased.
63. oldal - And the man of God was wroth with him, and said, Thou shouldest have smitten five or six times, then hadst thou smitten Syria till thou hadst consumed it : whereas now thou shalt smite Syria but thrice.
230. oldal - My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.