Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admire Almighty amiable amidst antient Apostle apprehend Aspasio beatific Beauty believe blessed Blood Body Cafe CHRIS Christian Chyle Corruption Creatures Curse Death delightful Depravity Desire divine divine Grace Doctrine Duty Earth eternal everlasting evil exail exalted Expression Faith fame FATHER fays Friend fulfilled G O D glorious Glory Gospel Grace grand Guilt Hand Happiness Heart Heaven holy Honour human imputed imputed Righteousness infinitely Iniquity Isai JEHOVAH JESUS CHRIST Jhall John xvi justified Kings living LORD Love Mankind mean ment Merits Mind Nature ness never Number Obedience observe Pardon Passage Peccatum perfect performed Person Prophet Psal Psel racter Reason REDEEMER render Righ Righteousness Ruin sacred Salvation SAVIOUR Scripture Sense signifies Sinners Sins sion Soul speaks SPIRIT suppose sure Tber teousness Thee Ther Theron Things Thou tion true Truth ture unto Virtue whole wonderful Word World Xenoph
259. oldal - The condition of man, after the fall of Adam, is such, that he cannot turn and prepare himself, by his own natural strength and good works, to faith, and calling upon God : wherefore we have no power to do good works pleasant and acceptable to God, without the grace of God by Christ preventing us, that we may have a good will, and working with us, when we have that good will.
387. oldal - Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
423. oldal - O that my head were waters, and my eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people!
203. oldal - The birds their quire apply ; airs, vernal airs, Breathing the smell of field and grove, attune The trembling leaves, while universal Pan, Knit with the Graces and the Hours in dance, Led on the eternal Spring.
433. oldal - Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
354. oldal - In these foresaid places, the apostle toucheth specially three things, which must go together in our justification. Upon God's part, his great mercy and grace; upon Christ's part, justice, that is, the satisfaction of God's justice, or the price of our redemption, by the offering of his body, and shedding of his blood, with fulfilling of the law perfectly and throughly; and upon our part, true and lively faith in the merits of Jesus Christ, which yet is not ours, but by God's working in us...
135. oldal - We believe all that Paul meant, when he said, speaking of the general character of the heathen world in his time, " There is none that is righteous, no, not one; there is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God ; they have all gone out of the way, there is none that doeth good, or is a doer of good, no, not one...
49. oldal - Enter not into judgment with thy servant, O LORD; for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.
91. oldal - God, which taketh away the sins of the world;" even so, as great and as godly a virtue as the lively faith is, yet it putteth us from itself, and remitteth or appointeth us unto Christ, for to have only by him remission of our sins, or justification. So that our faith in Christ (as it were) saith unto us thus: It is not I that take away your sins, but it is Christ only; and to him only I send you for that purpose, forsaking therein all your good virtues, words, thoughts, and works, and only putting...