Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accented āll alliteration anapestic Ånd ballade Bắt beautiful bells birds bright bỹ căn combinations comes composed couplet dactylic dāy Death dialect eight English entitled EXAMPLE excellent express eyes feet fifth foot four fourth frequently give given growing hăve heart hěr iambic rhythm iambus James John kind king kiss known language light line stanza lines rhyming live look māy measure meter mỹ nature nēvěr night perfect poem poet poetry quatrain rhyme rose seē shåll sing smile song sonnet sorrow soul sound sweēt syllable tell termed tetrameter thăt thể theě Thěn thị things third Thomas thou thought thỹ tỏ trochaic true verse wăs wāy Whăt Whěn wind writers written yoŭ yoŭr
288. oldal - Repairs her smiles, awakens every grace, And calls forth all the wonders of her face ; Sees by degrees a purer blush arise, And keener lightnings quicken in her eyes. The busy sylphs surround their darling care, These set the head, and those divide the hair, Some fold the sleeve, whilst others plait the gown ; And Betty's prais'd for labours not her own. CANTO II. NOT with more glories, in th...
81. oldal - The Western wind was wild and dank with foam, And all alone went she. The creeping tide came up along the sand, And o'er and o'er the sand, And round and round the sand, As far as eye could see; The blinding mist came down and hid the land; And never home came she.
266. oldal - To be a brother to the insensible rock And to the sluggish clod, which the rude swain Turns with his share, and treads upon.
134. oldal - HAIL, holy Light, offspring of heaven first-born, Or of the eternal co-eternal beam, May I express thee unblamed ? since God is light, And never but in unapproached light Dwelt from eternity, dwelt then in thee, Bright effluence of bright essence increate.
275. oldal - No farther seek his merits to disclose, Or draw his frailties from their dread abode (There they alike in trembling hope repose), The bosom of his Father and his God.
101. oldal - Ah ! then and there was hurrying to and fro, And gathering tears, and tremblings of distress, And cheeks all pale, which but an hour ago Blushed at the praise of their own loveliness; And there were sudden partings, such as press The life from out young hearts, and choking sighs Which ne'er might be repeated...
273. oldal - Or heap the shrine of Luxury and Pride With incense kindled at the Muse's flame. Far from the madding crowd's ignoble strife, Their sober wishes never learned to stray ; Along the cool sequestered vale of life They kept the noiseless tenor of their way.
4. oldal - Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: Make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise. Sing unto the LORD with the harp ; With the harp, and the voice of a psalm. With trumpets and sound of cornet Make a joyful noise before the LORD, the King.
217. oldal - Eddying and whisking, Spouting and frisking, Turning and twisting, Around and around With endless rebound : Smiting and fighting, A sight to delight in, Confounding, astounding, Dizzying and deafening the ear with its sound...
207. oldal - Nor does thy luxury destroy. The shepherd gladly heareth thee, More harmonious than he. Thee country hinds with gladness hear, Prophet of the ripened year! Thee Phoebus loves, and does inspire Phoebus is himself thy sire. To thee, of all things upon earth, Life is no longer than thy mirth. Happy insect! happy thou, Dost neither age nor winter know; But when thou'st drunk, and danced, and sung Thy fill, the flowery leaves among, (Voluptuous and wise withal, Epicurean animal!) Sated with thy summer...