Selections from Eminent Commentators, who Have Believed in Punishment After Death: Wherein They Have Agreed with Universalists in Their Interpretation of Scriptures Relating to Punishment
T. Whittemore, 1833 - 324 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Annot apostle appear applied authority believe body called cast chap Christ christians church CLARKE coming concerning dead death destroyed destruction divine doctrine earth endless misery enter eternal Expos expressed faith Father fire future Gentiles give given gospel HAMMOND hand hath heaven hell Holy import indicate interpretation Jerusalem Jesus Jewish Jews John judge judgment kingdom live Lord Luke manner Mark Matt meaning mentioned nature never Note in loc observed opinion orthodox parable passage persecutions persons phrase preaching present proof prophets punishment quoted reader receive reference relation remarks repentance Romans salvation saved seems sense servants signifies sins speaks spirit suffer supposed temporal Testament thee things thou tion torment translated true understand understood unto verse whole wicked word wrath writers xxiv
137. oldal - King say unto them on his right hand, come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I •was a hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
133. oldal - Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance : but from him that hath not, shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness : there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
126. oldal - Who, then, is a faithful, and wise servant, whom his " lord, hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat " in due season ? * Blessed is that servant, whom his lord, " when he cometh, shall find so doing. ** Verily I say " unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
252. oldal - Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life: but we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead: who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us...
303. oldal - The beast that thou sawest, was, and is not ; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition : and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, (whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world,) when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
113. oldal - The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, and sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
107. oldal - Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king which would take account of his servants; and when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him which owed him ten thousand talents, but forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. The servant therefore fell down and worshipped him saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
62. oldal - Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock ; and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house ; and it fell not ; for it was founded upon a rock...
193. oldal - And the times of this ignorance God winked at ; but now commandeth all men every where to repent : because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained ; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.