Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action Alex Alexander Algiers America Andrew armed Arthur assisted Asst Surg attack batteries boats brig Brown Cadiz Canton Cape Capt Captain capture Charles Chas Chatham China Class Clerk coast coast of Syria commanded convoy Copenhagen cutting Danish David defence destruction Devonport Edward employed engaged expedition fleet flotilla force Francis Fred Frederick French frigate George gun-boats Henry Hugh Islands Italy James Jean D'Acre John Johnston Jones Joseph Lord manded Marine Mast Master Mate Naval Navarin Navy North Officers operations Order Peter pirates Portsmouth present privateer received reduction Richard Robert Royal Samuel schooner Second Senior Lieut served on shore severely wounded ship siege Smith squadron storming taking Thomas Thos tion Tons Trafalgar vessels Walcheren Walter West William wounded
331. oldal - Professional Singer will find them invaluable in allaying the hoarseness and irritation incidental to vocal exertion, and consequently a powerful auxiliary in the production of Melodious Enunciation.
203. oldal - Order has been performed during war, the notification required by the preceding clause must be made not later than two years after the exchange of the ratifications of a treaty of peace. If the service has been performed in time of peace, the notification must be made within two years after the date of such service.
319. oldal - ... the Lord High Admiral or Commissioners for executing the office of Lord High Admiral for the time being...
81. oldal - Gracieuse, tender toIJerriile, boarding a Fr. National schooner off St. Domingo; and performed various other services in the West Indies, where he was severely wounded. Lieut, of Rover, co-operating with the patriots on the north coast of Spain, where he was again severely hurt. Lieut, of Majestic at capture of Terpsichore Fr. frigate, 1814. Gaz. 1805, паше misspelt
137. oldal - Charybda, and upheld the British flag against a superior force when blockading the Port of San Juan de Nicaragua, in South America, in 1842. 3 WH Moubray, Mate of Hastings, on the coast of Syria. 5 M. Burrows, Volunteer in Andromache, and served in her boats on several occasions against the pirates in the Straits of Malacca ; and Mate of Edinburgh during the operations on the coast of Syria in 1840, and at St. Jean D'Acre. 7 BS Pickard, Mid. of Wandererat capture of slave barracoons, 1041. Lieut,...
199. oldal - When a British subject has received the royal permission to accept a foreign order, he will at any future time be allowed to accept the decoration of a higher class of the same order, to which he may have become eligible by increase of rank in the foreign service, or in the service of his own country ; or any other distinctive mark of honour strictly consequent upon the acceptance of the original order, and common to every person upon whom such order is conferred.
81. oldal - Herrute, boarding a Fr. National schooner off St. Domingo; and performed various other services in the West Indies, where he was severely wounded. Lieut, of Rover, co-operating with the patriots on the north coast of Spain, where he was again severely hurt. Lieut, of Majestic at capture of Fr. frigate, Terpsichore, 1814. Gaz. 1805, name misspelt Higgins.
331. oldal - I cannot resist informing you of the extraordinary effect I have experienced by taking only a few of your LOZENGES. I had a cough for several weeks that defied all that had been prescribed for me ; and yet I got completely rid of it by taking about half a small box of your Lozenges, which I find are the only ones that relieve the cough without deranging the stomach or digestive-organs.— I am, Sir, your humble servant, To Mr. KEATING, 79 St. Paul's Churchyard.
332. oldal - Draught than that produced with the Common Seidlitz Powders, is made in much less time, and with infinitely less trouble. To allay Fever or Thirst, a teaspoonful, in water, forms a most refreshing Saline Draught. Being enclosed in a bottle, it will remain uninjured by humidity during the longest sea voyage or land journey. Sold at 2s.