Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acid alkali appears applied axis barley basis become bodies called cause comb combination common composition considerable consists contained cylinders Dated described diameter direction drawing effect employed equal experiments exposed filament fixed frame give given grains greater half heat improved inches increased invention iron kind length less letters machine malt manner material means metallic method mixed motion move nature nearly necessary observed obtained operation oxalate oxygen pallet pass Patent piece placed plants plates position potash prevent principle produced proper proportion quantity receive remain revolving rollers rope round screw SERIES side similar Specification spindle strand substance sufficient surface taken teeth thread timber tion turn twisted upper vessel weight wheel whole wood
246. oldal - Now Know Ye, that in compliance with the said proviso, I, the said Adolphe Nicole, do hereby declare that the nature of my said Invention, and the manner in which the same is to be performed, are particularly described and ascertained in and by the following statement thereof, reference being had to the Drawing hereunto annexed, and to the figures and letters marked thereon...
186. oldal - ... oxygen ; potash, 83.3 metal and 16.7 oxygen. It is particularly remarkable, that according to the above-mentioned gentleman's essay on the Decomposition and Composition of the fixed alkalies, in the Philosophical Transactions (a copy of which essay he has just favoured me with) it appears that " the largest quantity of oxygen indicated by these experiments was for potash 17, and for soda, 26 parts in 100, and the smallest 13 and 19.
268. oldal - I was induced by some observations I had previously made upon the burning of coal, to try the combustible property of the gases produced, from it, as well as from peat, wood, and other inflammable substances. And being struck with the great quantities of gas which they afforded, as well as...
126. oldal - A small piece of pure potash, which had been exposed for a few seconds to the atmosphere, so as to give conducting power to the surface, was placed upon an insulated disc of platina, connected with the negative side of the battery of the power of...
177. oldal - When the basis of soda is exposed to the atmosphere, it immediately tarnishes, and by degrees becomes covered with a white crust, which deliquesces much more slowly than the substance which forms on the basis of potash. It proves, on minute examination, to be pure soda. The basis of soda combines with...
131. oldal - ... negative energy, and the bases of the positive, do not remain in combination when either of them is brought into an electrical state opposite to its natural one. In the synthesis, on the contrary, the natural energies or attractions come in equilibrium with each other ; and when these are in a low state at common temperatures, a slow combination is effected ; but when they are exalted by heat, a rapid union is the result ; and as in other like cases with the production of fire. — A number of...
140. oldal - On naphtha colourless and recently distilled, as I have already said, it has very little power of action ; but in naphtha that has been exposed to the air it soon oxidates, and alkali is formed, which unites with the naphtha into a brown soap that collects round the globule. On the concrete oils (tallow, spermaceti, wax, for instance), when heated, it acts slowly, coaly matter is deposited, a little...
370. oldal - STONE": in which said Letters Patent there is contained a proviso obliging me, the said Joseph Aspdin, by an instrument in writing under my hand and seal, particularly to describe and ascertain the nature of my said invention, and in what manner the same is to be performed...
178. oldal - ... them with great energy. When nitrous acid is employed, a vivid inflammation is produced; with muriatic and sulphuric acid, there is much heat generated, but no light. When plunged, by proper means, beneath the surface of the acids, it is rapidly oxygenated; soda is produced, and the other educts are similar to those generated by the action of the basis of potash. With respect to the fixed and volatile oils and naphtha in their different states, there is a perfect coincidence between the effects...