Origin and History of the Books of the Bible: Both the Canonical and the Apocryphal, Designed to Show what the Bible is Not, what it Is, and how to Use it
Hartford Publishing Company, 1867 - 587 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts Alexandria ancient angel apostle appear authority beginning believe Bible bishop blessed born brought called canonical century chapters character Christ Christian church Clement commanded death disciple divine doctrine early entirely epistle Eusebius evidence evil fact faith Father four gave give given Gospel Greek hand hath heaven Hebrew Holy human Irenaeus James Jesus Jesus Christ Jews John Joseph kind language learned letters lived Lord Luke manuscript Mark Mary Matthew means ment mind narrative nature never object original Paul person Peter present probably published reason received referred regard repent respect rods Roman Rome says Scriptures sent speak spirit suffered teach Testament testimony thee things thou thought tion true truth unto whole witnesses writings written wrote
404. oldal - Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; "knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.
401. oldal - Spirit : by which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison ; which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
380. oldal - ... who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
34. oldal - For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
478. oldal - I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
405. oldal - ... we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
384. oldal - Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight : but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
401. oldal - Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth : who, when he was reviled, reviled not again ; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously...
480. oldal - Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not : for I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book : worship God.