Remarks on the Version of the New Testament Edited by the Unitarians, with the Title of "An Improved Version Upon the Basis of Archbishop Newcome's New Translation ... London 1808": Being a Dispassionate Appeal to Christians of Various Denominations on Some of the First ... Doctrines of the Bible
T. Cadell and W. Davies, 1814 - 336 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Remarks on the Version of the New Testament Edited by the Unitarians, with ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
according actually admit adopted Angel Apostle appear applied argument atonement authority bear beginning believe Bishop born called certainly Chap Chapter Christ Christian Church cited considered corrected Covenant criticism divine doctrine doubt Edition Editors Epistle evidently expect explain expression expressly fact Father give given glory Gospel Greek Griesbach Heaven Hebrew human imply importance Improved Version insist instance Jehovah Jesus Jesus Christ Jewish Jews John Joseph learned Logos Lord Luke manner matters means merely Messiah miraculous nature notice object observes opinion original particularly passage Paul person present proof proper prophecy Prophets prove question reason received refer regard remarks rendering Saviour Scripture seems sense sins speak Spirit spoken supposed surely tell Testament things tion translation Trinity true truth understood Unitarians verse Version words writers
243. oldal - I -will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace, and of supplications ; and they shall look upon Me whom they have pierced...
117. oldal - Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; who, being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high ; being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
274. oldal - O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
94. oldal - BEHOLD, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me : and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple; even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in; behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.
191. oldal - Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
119. oldal - But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God is for ever and ever ; a sceptre of .righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
87. oldal - And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
38. oldal - And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse ; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns ; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood, and his name is called The Word of God.
38. oldal - I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all therein, saying, "To him who sits upon the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might for ever and ever!