Sermons on Various Subjects, Evangelical, Devotional and Practical: Adapted to the Promotion of Christian Piety, Family Religion, and Youthful Virtue, 2. kötet
by Isaiah Thomas, Jun.; Sold at his respective bookstores in Boston and Worcester., 1809
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affections ages apostle appears apply attend believe benevolence blessings bring called cause character Christ christian church concern consider conversation corrupt danger darkness death despise disciples divine doctrines duties earth enjoy eternal evidence evil example faith favour fear feel friends fruits future give glory God's gospel grace guilt hands happiness hear heard heart heaven holy hope human important influence instructions interest Jesus judge judgment kind knowledge light live look Lord manner matter means mind nature never observe ourselves peace persons prayers preaching present profession promises prophet providence reason receive religion repentance revelation salvation saved Saviour says scriptures seek sense sent shew sinners sins soul speak spirit stand teach temper things thou thoughts tion true truth unto virtue walk wicked wisdom worship
362. oldal - For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children: That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children : That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments...
98. oldal - Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean. " But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, he will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the Lord his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.
68. oldal - O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?
93. oldal - And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily, I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city.
109. oldal - In this thing the LORD pardon thy servant, that when my master goeth into the house of Rimmon to worship there, and he leaneth on my hand, and I bow myself in the house of Rimmon : when I bow down myself in the house of Rimmon, the LORD pardon thy servant in this thing.
189. oldal - When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him?
25. oldal - See that ye refuse not him that speaketh : for if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven...
403. oldal - Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.