Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abraham affection Almighty already appear authority become blessing called cause certainly character child Children Christ Christian church command conduct connexion constitution daily death disposition divine domestic duty especially evil existence explain expressed faith Father feel give given ground hand hath head hear heart heaven human illustrated important individual influence instances instruction interest Israel Jesus king land learning least less live look Lord manner Master means ment mind moral Mother nature neglect never obligation observe once Parents period persons posterity present principles prove reader reason reference regard remain remarkable respect rest sacred Scripture seems servant sons spirit stand surely thee things thou tion true truth turn unto whole wife wisdom
354. oldal - And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
84. oldal - Lord, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds.
42. oldal - Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me. He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.
381. oldal - And when the Chief Priests and Scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David...
98. oldal - Promote, then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.
54. oldal - And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.
375. oldal - Incline your ear, and come unto me : hear, and your soul shall live ; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.
99. oldal - I shall also carry with me the hope that my country will never cease to view them with indulgence, and that after forty-five years of my life dedicated to its service, with an upright zeal, the faults of incompetent abilities will be consigned to oblivion, as myself must soon be to the mansions of rest.