An Attempt to Illustrate the Great Subject of the Psalms: Shewing, that the Principal and Ultimate Design of Them Was, to Exhibit the Sufferings of Christ, and the Glory that Should Follow; --in Both which His Disciples are Sharers with Him. : With a Digression on Baptism; in which is Considered, the Subjects of It; --the Mode of It; --and the Meaning of that Expression, "buried with Him in Baptism." : To which are Annexed, Some Observations on the Work of the Holy Spirit; --and the Difference Between the Faith of God's Elect, and the Faith of Devils. : From the Holy Scriptures. : [Eleven Lines of Scripture Texts]
Mills and Hicks, 1773 - 75 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according Acts afflicted againſt agreeable alſo angels anſwer apoſtle appear baptiſed becauſe believe bleſſed body brought buried called character Chriſtianity church commandments comparing concerning conſidered covenant dead death diſciples divine earth enemies evident faith Father fear firſt follow give glory goſpel hath heard heart heaven Hebrews himſelf Holy Holy Ghoſt hope illuſtration infants iniquities Iſaiah Iſrael iſt Jefus Jeſus Chriſt John juſt keep King kingdom knowledge leads look Lord manifeſt Matthew means mentioned mind mouth obedience objection obſerve paſſages perſons Peter Pfalm promiſe Pſalm received remember reſpect right hand righteouſneſs Romans ſaid ſame ſay ſcriptures ſee ſeems ſeen ſhall ſhews ſhould ſin ſoul ſpeaking Spirit ſpoken ſubject ſuch ſufferings Teſtament thee themſelves theſe things thoſe thou true truth unto verſe voice waſh whole word
43. oldal - As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord ; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.
12. oldal - The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. He will not always chide: neither will He keep His anger for ever. He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward them that fear Him. As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions from us.
10. oldal - And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, long-suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty...
29. oldal - Thus saith the Lord ; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the Lord ; and they shall come again from the land of the enemy. And there is hope in thine end, saith the Lord, that thy children shall come again to their own border.
62. oldal - And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door.
7. oldal - Of old hast thou laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They shall perish, but thou shalt endure, yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment, as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed, but thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.
17. oldal - If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
10. oldal - And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.