Rules of Discipline of the Yearly Meeting of Friends, for Pennsylvania, New-Jersey, Delaware, and the Eastern Parts of Maryland
Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends, Society of Friends. Philadelphia Yearly Meeting
Joseph Rakestraw, 1834 - 191 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according acknowledgment advice advised agreed answer appear apply appointed assistance attend become believe belong brought careful cause certificate Christ Christian church clear clerk committee concern conduct consideration considered consist copy dealing dealt desired directed Discipline disowned Divine duty effect engage exercise extend faithful families Friends further give ground hear held Holy ings issued judge judgment keep labour limits Lord manner marriage matter meeting for Discipline meeting of ministers membership men's meeting mind ministers and elders minute monthly meeting necessary occasion offenders overseers parents parties persons places practice preparative meeting present principles proceed proposed quarterly meeting received recommended record religious religious Society removed representatives require resides respective rules seasonably sense sent signed Society solid spirit Sufferings suitable testified testimony thee thereof things tion treated Truth women's worship writing yearly meeting
4. oldal - Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone ; if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church : but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
62. oldal - Lord thine oaths ; but I say unto you, Swear not at all, neither by heaven, for it is God's throne ; nor by the earth, for it is his footstool; neither by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King ; neither shalt thou swear by thy head, for thou canst not make one hair white or black. But let your communication be Yea, yea ; nay, nay : for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
103. oldal - Be not thou one of them that strike hands, or of them that are sureties for debts. If thou hast nothing to pay, why should he take away thy bed from under thee?
62. oldal - Lord thine oaths, but I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne; nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
19. oldal - But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
19. oldal - But now after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage ? Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.
69. oldal - His death and passion: and grant, that the grace of God, which bringeth salvation, may effectually teach and persuade me to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts, and to live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world...
19. oldal - The connection and subordination of our meetings for Discipline, are thus : Preparative Meetings, are accountable to the Monthly ; — Monthly, to the Quarterly ; — and Quarterly, to the Yearly Meeting...