Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
alley amount annual appropriation April Assistant Asylum attention August avenue Balance bills Block Board Branch brick building cause cent cistern City Clerk Coal collected Colored Commissioner condition construction Contract Cost Court daily dairy Date Deaths delivered Department diphtheria Diseases District Dwelling Electric ending Engine expenses Fees feet Female Fever Fire fiscal Fund Grand Health Henry horses Hospital House Improvements increase Insane institution issue James John July June Kupferle Bros Laborer Library Light Louis Male March mark Members miles milk month Ordinance Park patients Paving persons physician pipe Poor present Printing Public received recommend record removed repairs Salaries Sanitary School sewer Showing STATEMENT street Sundry supplies TABLE Total tracks Unknown wards Water
140. oldal - Any person who shall violate any of the provisions of this Article, shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor...
459. oldal - For the purpose of erecting public buildings in counties, cities or school districts, the rates of taxation herein limited may be increased when the rate of such increase and the purpose for which it is intended shall have been submitted to a vote of the people, and twothirds of the qualified voters of such county, city, or school district, voting at such election, shall vote therefor.
xviii. oldal - Such examinations shall be practical in their character, and so far as may be shall relate to those matters which will fairly test the relative capacity and fitness of the persons examined to discharge the duties of the service, into which they seek to be appointed.
xvii. oldal - If he is not then discharged his appointment shall be deemed complete. To prevent the stoppage of public business, or to meet extraordinary exigencies...
786. oldal - SIR: — I have the honor to submit herewith my annual report for the year 1914.
146. oldal - Museum shall be open for inspection every day on which the Public Library is opened, from ten o'clock in the morning till two in the afternoon, and from four o'clock till six in the evening, during the months of April, May, June, July, August, and September ; and from eleven in the morning till three in the afternoon, during the remainder of the year.
134. oldal - ... are best fumigated on the floor, but should afterward be removed to the open air and thoroughly beaten. Pillows, beds, stuffed mattresses, upholstered furniture, etc., after being disinfected on the outside, may be cut open and their contents again exposed to the fumes of burning sulphur.
133. oldal - The patient should be placed in one of the upper rooms of the house, the farthest removed from the rest of the family, where is to be had the most complete ventilation and isolation. The room should be instantly cleared of all curtains, carpets, woolen goods, and all unnecessary furniture. The rooms should be kept constantly well ventilated, by means of open windows, and of fires, if necessary.
205. oldal - American sanitarians briefly summarizes his views as follows : 1. Tuberculosis is a communicable disease and is distinctly preventable. 2. It is acquired by direct transmission of the tubercle bacillus from the sick to the well, usually by means of the dried and pulverized sputum floating as dust in the air. 3. It can be largely prevented by simple and easily applied means of cleanliness and disinfection.