Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
altogether annexation authority Basutos become believe better Bloemfontein Boer British brought called Cape Colony carried cattle certainly Chief claim cloth coloured condition course Demy 8vo Diamond Fields diamonds district doubt Durban Dutch duty Edition England English European existence farm feeling four give given gold Government Governor half hands horses idea Illustrations inches ITALY Kafir Kimberley known labour land Large crown 8vo less live look matter means miles months mounted Natal Natives nature necessary never once Orange Free paid perhaps persons population possession present President Pretoria probably produce question regard Republic river road round rule schools seems settled side South Africa stones taken territory thing thought told town Transvaal travelled tribe vols wages West
10. oldal - TO THE RESIGNATION OF THE GLADSTONE MINISTRY. A Cheap Edition, carefully revised, and carried up to March, 1874.
21. oldal - This Edition is printed on a finer paper and in a larger type than has been employed in any previous edition. The type has been cast especially for it, and the page is of a size to admit of the introduction of all the original illustrations. No such attractive issue has been made of the writings of Mr. Dickens, which, various as have been the forms of publication adapted to the demands of an e- er widely-increasing popularity, have never yet been worthily presented in a .really handsome library form.
35. oldal - But of the cities of these people, which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth : but thou shalt utterly destroy them ; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites ; as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee...
27. oldal - THE CHARACTERISTICS OF STYLES : An Introduction to the Study of the History of Ornamental Art. Royal 8vo, cloth, Ss.
12. oldal - Arranged to meet the requirements of the Syllabus of the Science and Art Department of the Committee of Council on Education, South Kensington.
54. oldal - And whereas the emergency seems to me to be such as to render it necessary in order to secure the peace and safety of...
15. oldal - THE EPOCHS OF PAINTING. A Biographical and Critical Essay on Painting and Painters of all Times and many Places. With numerous Illustrations. Demy 8vo, cloth, ^i.
7. oldal - The Life and Times of Prince Charles Stuart, Count of Albany, commonly called the Young Pretender. From the State Papers and other Sources. New and Cheaper Edition, with a Portrait, crown 8vo, cloth extra, 7s.
332. oldal - South Africa is a country of black men, — and not of white men. It has been so ; it is so ; and it will continue to be so.