Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able appear attend believe better blessing body bring called cause child Christ Christian Church comfort consider continued cottage Cottager's Monthly Visitor death duty earth Editor evil excellent faith father fear feel garden give grace hand happy hear heart heaven holy hope John keep kind king labour leave live look Lord manner means meet mind morning mother nature neighbours never observed once parish pass perhaps persons poor pray prayer present readers reason received religion remember rest seek seems seen servant shew shillings short sins soon soul spirit Sunday sure taken teach tell thankful thing thou thought true turn verse whole wish young
46. oldal - That day of wrath, .that dreadful day, When heaven and earth shall pass away, What power shall be the sinner's stay ? How shall he meet that dreadful day...
134. oldal - BLESSED Lord, who hast caused all holy Scriptures to be written for our learning ; grant that we may in such wise hear them, read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them, that by patience, and comfort of thy holy Word, we may embrace, and ever hold fast the blessed hope of everlasting life, which thou hast given us in our Saviour Jesus Christ.
409. oldal - Almighty God, who alone canst order the unruly wills and affections of sinful men; Grant unto thy people, that they may love the thing which thou commandest, and desire that which thou dost promise; that so, among the sundry and manifold changes of the world, our hearts may surely there be fixed, where true joys are to be found; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
242. oldal - And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
484. oldal - Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, And turneth the shadow of death into the morning, And maketh the day dark with night: That calleth for the waters of the sea, And poureth them out upon the face of the earth : The Lord is his name: That strengtheneth the spoiled against the strong, So that the spoiled shall come against the fortress.
389. oldal - But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
244. oldal - And Adah bare Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and of such as have cattle. And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ.
484. oldal - Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.
318. oldal - A little neglect may breed great mischief; for want of a nail the shoe was lost ; for want of a shoe the horse was lost ; and for want of a horse the rider was lost, being overtaken and slain by the enemy ; all for want of a little care about a horseshoe nail.
285. oldal - And again, Pride is as loud a beggar as Want, and a great deal more saucy. When you have bought one fine thing, you must buy ten more, that your appearance may be all of a piece ; but Poor Dick says, It is easier to suppress the first desire, than to satisfy all that follow it.