Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
addressed Amongst appears autograph Bishop Catalogue character Charles Church Collection connected considerable consisting contains contents copy Correspondence County curious dated Documents drawings Duke Earl Edward England English engraved four France French George given gives half morocco 4to half morocco folio hand handwriting Henry History House hundred Illustrations important inserted interesting Italy James John Joseph King known Lady late less letters Library literary Lord Louis manuscript Mary mentioned Miss names nature nearly Norfolk Norwich Office orders original Original Letters pages 4to particulars persons Poem portion portrait present preserved Prince principally printed probably published Queen Records reference regarded relating remarkable respecting Richard Robert Royal Scotland seals signatures signed Thomas Thos tion transcript various vellum vols volume whole writers written
229. oldal - With uncouth rhymes and shapeless sculpture decked, Implores the passing tribute of a sigh. Their name, their years, spelt by the unlettered muse, The place of fame and elegy supply : And many a holy text around she strews, That teach the rustic moralist to die.
208. oldal - As one who, destined from his friends to part, Regrets his loss, but hopes again erewhile To share their converse and enjoy their smile, And tempers as he may affliction's dart; Thus, loved associates, chiefs of elder art, Teachers of wisdom, who could once beguile My tedious hours, and lighten every toil, I now resign you...
ii. oldal - CONDITIONS OF SALE. I. The highest bidder to be the buyer; and if any dispute arise between two or more bidders; the lot so disputed shall be immediately put up again.
ii. oldal - Lots uncleared within the time aforesaid shall be re-sold by public or private Sale, without further notice, and the deficiency (if any) attending such re-sale, shall be made good by the Defaulter at this Sale, together with all charges attending the same.
ii. oldal - The purchasers to give in their names and places of abode, and to pay down 10s. in the pound, if required, in part payment of the purchasemoney, in default of which the lot or lots purchased to be immediately put up again and re-sold.
94. oldal - ... and witty ; he might have been an ornament to literature, which he made ridiculous; and the pride of the pulpit, which he so egregiously disgraced ; but, having blunted and worn out that interior feeling, which is the instinct of the good man, and the wisdom of the wise, there was no balance in his passions, and the decorum of life was sacrificed to its selfishness. He condescended to live on the follies of the people, and his sordid nature had changed him till he crept, " licking the dust with...
110. oldal - He was very learned, not only in Latin, in which he was a master, but in greek and hebrew. He had read a great deal of divinity, and almost all the historians, ancient and modern : so that he had great materials.
ii. oldal - Payment of the Purchase-money ; in Default of which the Lot or Lots so purchased to be immediately put up again and re-sold.
115. oldal - Narrative, but find that he was the son of that Maitland who was Queen Mary's Secretary, and one of the first politicians of his time, but unhappily not so conscientious as able. The sketch was written to justify his father; and as the author was a Roman Catholic, the tract is of a partial character, both as to politics and relative to religion. In such an interesting age, it is curious to see what each party could say for itself, and, by comparing documents and admissions get, if possible, at the...