Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Address admitted adopted agreed allowed alluded answer appeared asked attention authority Baronet believed Bill boroughs brought called carried cause charge circumstances classes Committee Commons conduct consideration considered Constitution course desire discussion doubt duty effect election England evils existed expressed fact favour feeling felt forward Gentleman give given Government grant heard hoped House important individual influence intention interests introduced Ireland John knew land late learned look Majesty's manner matter means measure Member ment Ministers Motion moved necessary never noble Earl noble Lord notice object observed occasion opinion opposite Parliament party passed persons petition poor present principle proceedings proposed question reason received referred Reform represented respect sent Speech sure taken thing thought tion towns trusted vote whole wished
807. oldal - ... should approach to the faults of the state as to the wounds of a father, with pious awe and trembling solicitude. By this wise prejudice we are taught to look with horror on those children of their country who are prompt rashly to hack that aged parent in pieces, and put him into the kettle of magicians, in hopes that by their poisonous weeds, and wild incantations, they may regenerate the paternal constitution, and renovate their father's life.
691. oldal - We ought to elevate our minds to the greatness of that trust to which the order of Providence has called us. By adverting to the dignity of this high calling, our ancestors have turned a savage wilderness into a glorious empire : and have made the most extensive, and the only honourable conquests, not by destroying, but by promoting the wealth, the number, the happiness of the human race.
345. oldal - How small of all that human hearts endure, That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.
1. oldal - WHEREAS it is expedient to take effectual Measures for correcting divers Abuses that have long prevailed in the Choice of Members to serve in the Commons House of Parliament, to deprive many inconsiderable Places of the Right of returning Members, to grant such Privilege to large, populous, and wealthy Towns, to increase the Number of Knights of the Shire, to extend the Elective Franchise to many of His Majesty's Subjects who have not heretofore enjoyed the same...
57. oldal - I HEREBY give you notice, that I object to your name being retained on the list...
59. oldal - I HEREBY give you Notice, That I claim to have my Name inserted in the List (No.
59. oldal - THE following Persons claim to have their Names inserted in the List of Persons entitled to vote in the Election of a Member [or, Members] for the city for, borough] of . (signed) AB '
669. oldal - I have come to meet you for the purpose of proroguing this Parliament, with a view to its immediate dissolution. I have been induced to resort to this measure, for the purpose of ascertaining the sense of my people...
321. oldal - Having had recourse to that measure for the purpose of ascertaining the sense of my people on the expediency of a Reform in the representation, I have now to recommend that important question to your earliest and most attentive consideration, confident that in any measures which you may propose...
7. oldal - Charges payable out of or in respect of the same, shall be entitled to vote in the Election of a Knight or Knights of the Shire to serve in any future Parliament for the County, or for the Riding, Parts, or Division of the County, in which such Lands or Tenements shall be respectively situate.