« ElőzőTovább »
THE UNITED KINGDOM
GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND,
4 GEORGE IV. 1823.
Printed by His Majesty's Statute and Law Printers;
And sold by J. BUTTERWORTH and SON, Law Booksellers,
(Price 11. 8s. in Boards.)
Containing the TITLES of all
Passed in the FOURTH Session of the SEVENTH Parliament
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland;
4 GEORGE IV.
PUBLICK GENERAL ACTS.
1. AN Act to indemnify such Persons in the United Kingdom as have omitted to qualify themselves for Offices and Employments, and for extending the Time limited for those Purposes respectively, until the Twenty fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and twenty four; to permit such Persons in Great Britain as have omitted to make and file Affidavits of the Execution of Indentures of Clerks to Attornies and Solicitors, to make and file the same on or before the First Day of Hilary Term One thousand eight hundred and twenty four; and to allow Persons to make and file such Affidavits, although the Persons whom they served shall have neglected to take out their Annual Certificates.
Page 1 2. An Act to amend an Act of the last Session of Parliament, for regulating the Trade between His Majesty's Possessions in America and the West Indies and other Parts of the World. 2 3. An Act for continuing to His Majesty for One Year certain Duties on Sugar, Tobacco and Snuff, Foreign Spirits and Sweets, in Great Britain; and on Pensions, Offices and Personal Estates in England; and for receiving the Contributions of Persons receiving Pensions and holding Offices; for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty three.
4. An Act for raising the Sum of Twenty Millions by Exchequer Bills for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty three.
5. An Act to render valid certain Marriages. 6. An Act for applying certain Monies therein mentioned for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty three.
7. An Act to regulate the Appointment and Swearing into Office of the Chancellor of the Exchequer of Ireland. A 2
Ibid. 8. An
8. An Act to continue until the Twenty fifth Day of July One thousand eight hundred and twenty four, and from thence to the End of the then next Session of Parliament, an Act made in the Fifty fourth Year of His late Majesty, for rendering the Payment of Creditors more equal and expeditious in Scotland. Page 7
9. An Act to repeal the Rates, Duties and Taxes payable in respect of Male Servants, Horses, Carriages and Dogs in Ireland. Ibid. 10. An Act to rectify a Mistake in an Act, intituled An Act for making and maintaining certain Roads and Bridges in the Counties of Lanark and Dumbarton, in so far as relates to the Application of certain Exchequer Bills therein mentioned. 10 11. An Act for repealing certain of the Duties of Assessed Taxes; for reducing certain other of the said Duties; and for relieving Persons who have compounded for the same. 13
12. An Act for the regulating of His Majesty's Royal Marine Forces while on Shore.
13. An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion; and for the better Payment of the Army and their Quarters.
26 14. An Act to continue for Five Years, and from thence until the End of the then next Session of Parliament, Two Acts made in the Forty seventh and Fiftieth Years of the Reign of His late Majesty King George the Third, for the preventing improper Persons from having Arms in Ireland.
15. An Act to continue for Five Years, and from thence until the End of the then next Session of Parliament, and to amend the Laws relating to Yeomanry Corps, in Ireland. Ibid. 16. An Act to explain so much of the General Turnpike Act, as relates to the Toll payable on Carriages laden with Lime for the Improvement of Land.
17. An Act to repeal certain Provisions of an Act passed in the Third Year of His present Majesty, intituled An Act to amend certain Provisions of the Twenty sixth of George the Second, for the better preventing of clandestine Marriages.
4.4 18. An Act concerning the Disposition of certain Property of His Majesty, His Heirs and Successors.
19. An Act for further regulating the Reduction of the National Debt.
20. An Act for fixing the Rates of Subsistence to be paid to Innkeepers and others on quartering Soldiers.
21. An Act for granting and applying certain Sums of Money for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty three. Ibid. 22. An Act to confirm an Agreement entered into by the Trustees under an Act of the last Session of Parliament, for apportioning the Burthen occasioned by the Military and Naval Pensions, and Civil Superannuations, with the Governor and Company of the Bank of England.
23. An Act to consolidate the several Boards of Customs, and also the several Boards of Excise, of Great Britain and Ireland. 58 24. An Act to make more effectual Provision for permitting Goods imported to be secured in Warehouses, or other Places, without Payment of Duty on the first Entry thereof.
25. An Act for regulating the Number of Apprentices to be taken on board British Merchant Vessels; and for preventing the Desertion of Seamen therefrom. Page 112 26. An Act to repeal the Duties on certain Articles, and to provide for the gradual Discontinuance of the Duties on certain other Articles, the Manufacture of Great Britain and Ireland respectively, on their Importation into either Country from the other. 116
27. An Act to amend an Act passed in the Seventh Year of the Reign of His late Majesty King George the Third, respecting Justices of the Quorum in Cities and Towns Corporate. 123 28. An Act for the more speedy Reduction of the Number of Serjeants, Corporals and Drummers in the Militia of Ireland, when not in actual Service.
Ibid. 29. An Act to increase the Power of Magistrates, in Cases of Apprenticeships. 124 30. An Act to regulate the Importation and Exportation of certain Articles subject to Duties of Excise, and certain other Articles the Produce or Manufacture of Great Britain and Ireland respectively, into and from either Country from and to the other.
126 31. An Act to amend an Act passed in the Nineteenth Year of the Reign of His late Majesty King George the Second, intituled An Act more effectually to prevent profane Cursing and Swearing.
32. An Act for the Amendment of the Laws respecting Charitable Loan Societies in Ireland. 132
33. An Act to make more effectual Regulations for the Election, and to secure the Performance of the Duties, of County Treasurers in Ireland.
34. An Act to enlarge the Powers of Justices in determining Com-. plaints between Masters and Servants, and between Masters, Apprentices, Artificers and others.
143 35. An Act to enable Trustees or Commissioners under Acts of Parliament to meet and carry such Acts into Execution, although they may not have met according to the Directions of such Acts.
36. An Act to discourage the granting of Leases in Joint Tenancy in Ireland.
Ibid. 37. An Act to amend an Act for the more speedy Return and Levying of Fines, Penalties and Forfeitures, and Recognizances estreated.
38. An Act for settling the Compensation to the Holders of certain Offices in the Courts of Law in Ireland, abolished under an Act passed in the First and Second Years of the Reign of His present Majesty, for regulating the same. 152 39. An Act to continue an Act of the last Session of Parliament, for allowing a Drawback of the Whole of the Duties of Customs on Brimstone used and consumed in Great Britain in the.. making and preparing Oil of Vitriol or Sulphuric Acid. 155 40. An Act to amend several Acts for the Regulation of the Linen and Hempen Manufactures in Scotland.
41. An Act for the registering of Vessels. 42. An Act to amend the several Acts for the Assistance of Trade