Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Comprehensive Church, Or, Christian Unity and Ecclesiastical Union
Thomas H 1812-1889 Vail
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
according acknowledged adult Answer Apostles appointed authority Baptism baptized believe Bishop body Book called Canon Christ Christian clergy clerical committee Common communion Comprehensive confession Confirmation congregation connected Constitution continually Convention creeds denominations deputies desire devotion Diocesan Diocese discipline doctrine duty ecclesiastical effect elected England essential exist fact faith hand heart Holy House idea illustrate independent Infant Jesus Christ laity laws liberty Liturgy Lord Lord's matter means meet mind ministers ministry missionary nature necessary never object occasions opinion parish particular person practical Prayer present principles Protestant Episcopal Church question reader reason receive referred religious represent respect sacraments Scriptures sect separate society spirit standing things thought tion true truth union United unity universal various whole worship
175. oldal - BAPTISM is not only a sign of profession, and mark of difference, whereby Christian men are discerned from others that be not christened ; but it is also a sign of regeneration or new birth, whereby, as by an instrument, they that receive baptism rightly are grafted into the church...
22. oldal - More especially, we pray for the good estate of the Catholic Church; that it may be so guided and governed by Thy good Spirit, that all who profess and call themselves Christians may be led into the way of truth, and hold the faith in unity of spirit, in the bond of peace, and in righteousness of life.
203. oldal - And to the end that we should always remember the exceeding great love of our Master and only Saviour, Jesus Christ, thus dying for us, and the innumerable benefits which by His precious blood-shedding He hath obtained to us, He hath instituted and ordained holy mysteries, as pledges of His love, and for a continual remembrance of His death, to our great and endless comfort.
210. oldal - THE Supper of the Lord is not only a sign of the love that Christians ought to have among themselves one to another ; but rather is a Sacrament of our Redemption by Christ's death : insomuch that to such as rightly, worthily, and with faith, receive the same, the Bread which we break is a partaking of the Body of Christ ; and likewise the Cup of Blessing is a partaking of the Blood of Christ.
182. oldal - Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (That is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
205. oldal - ... hear us, O merciful Father, we most humbly beseech thee ; and grant, that we receiving these thy creatures of bread and wine, according to thy Son our Saviour Jesus Christ's holy institution in remembrance of his death and passion, may be partakers of his most blessed body and blood...
276. oldal - God's purpose by his spirit working in due season: they through grace obey the calling; they be justified freely; they be made sons of God by adoption; they be made like the image of his only begotten son Jesus Christ; they walk religiously in good works and at length by God's mercy they attain to everlasting felicity.
206. oldal - Take and eat this in remembrance that Christ died for thee, and feed on Him in thy heart by faith, with thanksgiving.