Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
advantages affection afford appear attempt attention become better bosom certainly character child Christian circumstances claim comfort conduct consequences consider course daughters deem desire direct discipline disposed divine domestic duty early effects endeavour equally errors especially eventually evil exist expect experience father feelings filial follow former frequently future give habits hand happiness heart honour hope human imagine important individual instances interest kind knowledge least less live Lord manifest manner means ment mind mother nature never object observation occasion once parents parents and children peace perhaps persons present principle probably produce prove Providence qualified reason relation religion remain render require respect result sense sentiments society solicitous sometimes sons sorrow spirit suffered sufficient sure task tempers things tion true whole wisdom wish young youth
133. oldal - But seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all other things shall be added unto you ? Dare you believe this promise or not ? I DARE : and will act accordingly, by God's assistance.
87. oldal - That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth: that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace...
142. oldal - The man who proceeds in it with steadiness and resolution, will in a little time find that ' her ways are ways of pleasantness, and that all her paths are peace.
149. oldal - This languishing head is at rest, Its thinking and aching are o'er ; This quiet, immoveable breast, Is heaved by affliction no more : This heart is no longer the seat Of trouble and torturmg pain ; It ceases to flutter and beat, It never shall flutter again.
34. oldal - Although my house be not so with God, yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure. This is all my salvation and all my desire, although he make it not to grow.
155. oldal - Paul gloried, although he had probably neither sons nor daughters, according to the flesh ; and well he might, and well may every zealous promoter of the Gospel of Christ rejoice, for " whoever converts a sinner from the error of his ways, shall shine as the stars in the firmament for ever and ever.
136. oldal - Depart from us : we desire not the knowledge of Thy ways.— Who is the Almighty that we should serve Him ;- and what doth it profit us if we pray to Him ? Whilst the wicked man Ft 9, 2-3, 'is proud, the poor is set 5-6 on fire.
165. oldal - While they our wisest hours engage, They'll joy our youth, support our age, And crown our hoary hairs : They'll grow in virtue ev'ry day, And thus our fondest loves repay, And recompense our cares.