Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
abolitionists adopted African Repository Agent ahle ahout American Colonization Society annual appointed Auxiliary Societies Bassa Cove benevolent blessings Board of Managers Cape Palmas cause character Christian Church ciety citizens civilization coast of Africa colonists committee Congress Constitution Dingaan dollars Edina emancipated emigrants enterprise establishment favor feel friends gentlemen Georgia give gospel Government Governor Gurley happy heen Herald hope human hundred influence inhahitants institution interest John King land late Legislature letter liberal Liberia manumission manumitted Maryland Maryland Colonization Society meeting ment miles mission missionary Monrovia moral Moselekatsi motion native negroes object opinion Parent Society patriotism persons philanthropy present President received religion Resolved respect rovia scheme schools schooner Secretary sent settlement Sierra Leone slave trade slavery South South Carolina spirit thing tion town tribes United vessel Virginia
349. oldal - If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; he is proud, knowing nothing...
77. oldal - ... ascertain the sums and expenses necessary for the defence and welfare of the United States or any of them, nor emit bills, nor borrow money on the credit of the United States, nor appropriate money, nor agree upon the number of vessels of war to be built or purchased, or the number of land or sea forces to be raised, nor appoint a Commander in Chief of the army or navy, unless nine States assent to the same...
166. oldal - ... accustoming yourselves to think and speak of it as of the palladium of your political safety and prosperity; watching for its preservation with jealous anxiety; discountenancing whatever may suggest even a suspicion that it can in any event be abandoned; and indignantly frowning upon the first dawning of every attempt to alienate any portion of our country from the rest, or to enfeeble the sacred ties which now link together the various parts.
30. oldal - Oh ! ever thus, from childhood's hour, I've seen my fondest hopes decay ; I never loved a tree or flower, But 'twas the first to fade away. I never nursed a dear gazelle, To glad me with its soft black eye. But when it came to know me well, And love me, it was sure to die...
371. oldal - By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.
32. oldal - ... participating in her improvement and prosperity, receive an ample recompense for the tardy kindness, if kindness it can be called, of no longer hindering that continent from extricating herself out of the darkness which, in other more fortunate regions, has been so much more speedily dispelled. Nos . . . primus equis Oriens afflavit anhelis ; Illic sera rubens accendit lumina Vesper.
79. oldal - The property of no person shall be taken for public use without just compensation therefor.
349. oldal - Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren ; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit These things teach and exhort.
36. oldal - He would therefore move to strike out all after the word " resolved," and insert the following : That this congress expresses its preference for the system known as the family system, in conducting juvenile reformatories.