The Apocalypse, Or, Revelation of Saint John, Translated; with Notes, Critical and Explanatory: To which is Prefixed, a Dissertation on the Divine Origin of the Book; in Answer to the Objections of the Late Professor J.D. Michaelis
J. Hatchard, 1805 - 639 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Apocalypse, Or Revelation of Saint John, Translated: With Notes ...
John Chappel Woodhouse
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
ancient angel Apocalypse Apostle appear applied Babylon beast beginning blood called century CHAP chapter character Christ Christian Church completion contained continued corrupt death described divine doctrines earth Epistle evidence expressed faith Father fire followers four give given Gospel Greek hand hath heads heaven Hist holy horns horse interpretation John kind kingdom kings Lamb language light living Lord mark means Michaelis object observed opened original passage period persecution present probably produced prophecy prophet pure reason received Religion represented Roman sacred Saint says Scripture seal sect seems seen sense seven shew sixth Spirit suffering supposed taken testimony things third thou throne tion translation true Trumpet unto Vial viii vision voice worship writers written εκ εν και το
377. oldal - I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him ; for the hour of his judgment is come : and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
463. oldal - And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, and cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled : and after that he must be loosed a little season.
164. oldal - And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
483. oldal - And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
55. oldal - Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer; behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried ; and ye shall have tribulation ten days : be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
469. oldal - And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, and shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
78. oldal - And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write ; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars ; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
452. oldal - And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying. Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
90. oldal - I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich ; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
458. oldal - Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God, that ye may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of captains and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men both free and bond, both small and great.