Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according American appear become believe bishops body Bossuet called Catholic cause century character Christ Christian Church Conference course divine doctrine early England English Episcopal existence expression fact faith Father feeling give given Greek hand heart Holy hope human idea important influence interest Italy labor language learned less letter light living Lord means meeting Methodism Methodist mind minister moral nature never object opinion organization original period political position practical prayer preached preachers present principles Protestant question reason received reference regard relation religion religious result REVIEW Roman says Scriptures society soul South Southern spirit success teaching theology things thought tion true truth United whole writer York
531. oldal - And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: and thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
593. oldal - Yet be it less or more, or soon or slow, It shall be still in strictest measure even To that same lot, however mean or high, Toward which Time leads me, and the will of Heaven ; All is, if I have grace to use it so, As ever in my great Task-Master's eye.
36. oldal - Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
581. oldal - As one who, long in populous city pent, Where houses thick and sewers annoy the air, Forth issuing on a summer's morn, to breathe Among the pleasant villages and farms Adjoin'd, from each thing met conceives delight ; The smell of grain, or tedded grass, or kine, Or dairy, each rural sight, each rural sound...
185. oldal - I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of life, who proceedeth from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified, who spake by the Prophets.
38. oldal - And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind ? have not I the LORD 1 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.
388. oldal - All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother — blessings on her memory!
230. oldal - Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers : who have received the law by the disposition of Angels, and have not kept it.