Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appeared arms asked beauty believe better blood body brought Brown called cause close comes dead dear death died door earth eyes face fair fall father fear feel felt fire followed friends gave give hand happy head hear heard heart heaven honor hope hour human Italy kind king knew Lady land leave less light live look Lord master means mind morning mother nature never night o'er once passed person poor present received remained rest round seemed seen side soon soul speak spirit stand stood sweet tears tell thee things thou thought tion told took Translation true truth turned voice whole wish young
341. oldal - And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: and they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
149. oldal - Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord; He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored; He hath loosed the fateful lightning of his terrible swift sword. His truth is marching on.
133. oldal - She leaned far out on the window-sill And shook it forth with a royal will. "Shoot, if you must, this old gray head. But spare your country's flag," she said. A shade of sadness, a blush of shame Over the face of the leader came; The nobler nature within him stirred To life at that woman's deed and word: "Who touches a hair of yon gray head Dies like a dog! March on!
70. oldal - and that was far away. He recked not of the life he lost nor prize, But where his rude hut by the Danube lay, There were his young barbarians all at play, There was their Daci.an mother, — he, their sire, Butchered to make a Roman holiday! — All this rushed with his blood. — Shall he expire And unavenged? — Arise, ye Goths, and glut your ire!
276. oldal - YE who listen with credulity to the whispers of fancy, and pursue with eagerness the phantoms of hope ; who expect that age will perform the promises of youth, and that the deficiencies of the present day will be supplied by the morrow ; attend to the history of Rasselas, Prince of Abissinia.
168. oldal - THOU eternal One whose presence bright All space doth occupy, all motion guide, Unchanged through time's all-devastating flight, Thou only God, there is no God beside ! Being above all beings ! Mighty One Whom none can comprehend and none explore...
132. oldal - Up rose old Barbara Frietchie then, Bowed with her fourscore years and ten; Bravest of all in Frederick town, She took up the flag the men hauled down; In her attic window the staff she set, To show that one heart was loyal yet.
70. oldal - I see before me the Gladiator lie : He leans upon his hand — his manly brow Consents to death, but conquers agony, And his droop'd head sinks gradually low— And through his side the last drops, ebbing slow From the red gash, fall heavy, one by one, Like the first of a thunder-shower; and now The arena swims around him — he is gone, Ere ceased the inhuman shout which hail'd the wretch who won.