Tobacco: Its History and Associations; Including an Account of the Plant and Its Manufacture; with Its Modes of Use in All Ages and Countries
Chatto and Windus, 1876 - 332 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Additions allowed America Ancient appears beautiful bowl called century character Charles cigars clay cloth extra Collection Coloured Complete containing copies Crown 8vo curious custom described Descriptions Drawings early Edition England English Engravings exhibited fashion figure fire folio French gilt gilt edges give given gold half half-morocco hand head herb History Illustrations Imperial Indian indulged Introduction Italy James John kind King ladies late leaf leaves LETTERS light London manufactured means mode mouth nature never nose Notes numerous Original ornament persons piece pipe placed plant Plates Poems popular Portrait pound present printed published represented roll round Royal says Series shillings smoking snuff snuff-takers sometimes story termed tobacco trade Translated tube Vols volume whole wood
7. oldal - Sheridan's Complete Works, with Life and Anecdotes. Including his Dramatic Writings, printed from the Original Editions, his Works in Prose and Poetry, Translations, Speeches, Jokes, Puns, &c. With a Collection of Sheridaniana. Crown 8vo, cloth extra, gilt, with 10 fullpage Tinted Illustrations, 7s.
4. oldal - Roll of Battle Abbey; or, A List of the Principal Warriors who came over from Normandy with William the Conqueror, and Settled in this Country, AD 1066-7.
323. oldal - Both Series Complete in One Vol. Leigh Hunt's Essays : A Tale for a Chimney Corner, and other Pieces. With Portrait, and Introduction by EDMUND OLLIER.
10. oldal - Timbs' English Eccentrics and Eccentricities: Stories of Wealth and Fashion, Delusions, Impostures, and Fanatic Missions, Strange Sights and Sporting Scenes, Eccentric Artists, Theatrical Folks, Men of Letters, &c. By JOHN TIMBS, FSA With nearly 50 Illustrations.
319. oldal - Memoirs of Eminent Etonians : with Notices of the Early History of Eton College. By Sir EDWARD CREASY, Author of " The Fifteen Decisive Battles of the World.
11. oldal - Vagabondiana ; or, Anecdotes of Mendicant Wanderers through the Streets of London ; with Portraits of the most Remarkable, drawn from the Life by JOHN THOMAS SMITH, late Keeper of the Prints in the British Museum. With Introduction by FRANCIS DOUCE, and Descriptive Text. With the Woodcuts and the 32 Plates, from the original Coppers.
331. oldal - ... that the prose writings of Milton should, in our time, be so little read. As compositions, they deserve the attention of every man who wishes to become acquainted with the full power of the English language. They abound with passages, compared with which the finest declamations of Burke sink into insignificance. They are a perfect field of cloth of gold. The style is stiff with gorgeous embroidery.
317. oldal - Eight Years of Travel and Adventure among the Wildest and most Remarkable Tribes now existing. Containing 360 Coloured Engravings from the Author's original Paintings.