Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Essays Moral and Entertaining: On the Various Faculties and ..., 1-2. kötet
Edward Hyde Clarendon
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
able actions active affections appear applied argument authority believe benefit better body called catholic cause Christian church committed conscience consider contemplation conversation corrupt death delight desire doth doubt duty enjoy enter equal excess excuse exercise faculties faith friendship give given greatest hath heart improve industry innocent Italy judge judgment justice keep kind king kingdom knowledge learned least less live look manners mind nature necessary never obligation observation opinion ourselves pains particular passion peace perform persons pleasure pope possessed practice present preserve pretend pride princes promise providence reason receive reform religion remain repentance soever subjects suffer sure temper thing thou thought tion true truth understanding vice virtue weak whereas whereof whole wisdom wise wonder
87. oldal - For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
61. oldal - And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid : and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land.
196. oldal - And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last : and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
66. oldal - Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself ? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal ? Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery ? Thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege ? Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God ? For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
156. oldal - And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient, being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness ; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity ; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful...
108. oldal - For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ ; which is far better: nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
92. oldal - To him that is afflicted pity should be shewed from his friend; but he forsaketh the fear of the Almighty.
53. oldal - But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother'be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.