Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
already ancient appears authority become believe Bible Bishop blessed body brothers called Catholic Catholic Church cause century character charity Christ Christian Church classes condition course death devoted divine doctrine duties England established fact faith Father feeling France French German give given hands heart heaven holy hope human hundred influence institutions interest Italy Jesuits labour land late learning less liberty libraries lives matter means mind mission moral nature never object once opinion Paris passed persons political poor prayer present priest principle Protestant question reason received reformation regard Relation religion religious remain respect schools society soul spirit sufferings thing thousand tion true truth University virtue whole writings
96. oldal - OUR Lord Jesus Christ, who hath left power to his church to absolve all sinners who truly repent and believe in him, of his great mercy forgive thee thine offences ! And by his authority committed to me, I absolve thee from all thy sins, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.
96. oldal - Here shall the sick person be moved to make a special confession of his sins, if he feel his conscience troubled with any weighty matter.
240. oldal - Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness.
57. oldal - The spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath chosen me to preach the gospel to the poor : he hath sent me to heal the broken-hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, and to set at liberty them that are bruised.
332. oldal - The school-boy whips his taxed top ; the beardless youth manages his taxed horse with a taxed bridle, on a taxed road ; and the dying Englishman, pouring his medicine, which has paid...
96. oldal - Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee in the unity of the same Holy Spirit, world without end. Amen. f When this Prayer is done, the Bishop with the Priests present shall lay their hands severally upon the head of every one that receiveth the Order of Priesthood...
650. oldal - ... grown so crazy and stiff in his joints that he can now do little more than sit in his cave's mouth, grinning at pilgrims as they go by, and biting his nails because he cannot come at them.
179. oldal - Declared and sett forth) that noe person or persons whatsoever within this Province, or the Islands, Ports, Harbors, Creekes, or havens thereunto belonging professing to believe in Jesus Christ, shall from henceforth bee any waies troubled, Molested or discountenanced for or in respect of his or her religion nor in the free exercise thereof within this Province or the Islands thereunto belonging nor any way compelled to the beleife or exercise of any other Religion against his or her consent...