Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
afraid amid amusing answered arms asked Australia beautiful Bell better blind friend blind mother blind woman Blue Mountains breeze bright brother brow Cambridgeshire Carry's Charles Mathews cheek cheerful child cottage darling daughter Deddington deep door drawing dream dress enquiring exclaimed eyes face fair brow fancy feel felt Florence Fred Irvine George Wilson girl glance governess hand HARRY HIEOVER hear heard heart Irvine's Joe Ransford kind kissed knew lady laugh Leger lips little Carry lonely lane mama mind Miss Bent Miss Berresford Miss Carry Miss Douglass Miss Duns Miss Dunsford Miss Irvine Montford morning musical voice never night pale passed picture dealer pleasant post 8vo price 21s pupils returned scene sigh sketches sleep smile soft spirit sweet talk tears tell tender thee thou thought trembling truth turned whilst window young youth
112. oldal - So live, that when thy summons comes to join The innumerable caravan, that moves To that mysterious realm, where each shall take His chamber in the silent halls of death, Thou go not, like the quarry slave at night, Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave, Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.
244. oldal - Then the forms of the departed Enter at the open door ; The beloved, the true-hearted, Come to visit me once more ; He, the young and strong, who cherished Noble longings for the strife, By the road-side fell and perished, Weary with the march of life ! They, the holy ones and weakly...
231. oldal - There is no death ! What seems so is transition : This life of mortal breath Is but a suburb of the life elysian, Whose portal we call Death.
291. oldal - A work which every owner of a horse will do well to consult." — Morning Herald. " Every man who is about purchasing a horse, whether it be hunter, riding horse, lady's palfrey, or cart horse, will do well to make himself acquainted with the contents of this book.
108. oldal - there is more joy in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, than over ninety and nine just persons that need no repentance.
290. oldal - In addition to the immense mass of practical and useful information with which this work abounds, there is a refreshing buoyancy and dash about the style, which makes it as attractive and fascinating as the pages of the renowned Nimrod himself.
292. oldal - In 2 vols. post 8vo., price 21s. NAPLES, , POLITICAL, SOCIAL, AND RELIGIOUS. BY LORD B***** "The pictures are as lively and bright as the colours and climate they reflect." — Spectator. "It is a rapid, clear historical sketch.
258. oldal - Neath cloistered boughs, each floral bell that swingeth And tolls its perfume on the passing air, Makes Sabbath in the fields, and ever ringeth A call to prayer. Not to the domes where crumbling arch and column Attest the feebleness of mortal hand, But to that fane, most catholic and solemn, Which God hath...
293. oldal - We may, with perfect truth affirm that during the last fifty years there has been no book of such peculiar interest to the literary and political world. It has contributions from every person of literary reputation — Byron, Sir E. Bulwer, who contributes an original Poem, James, D'Israeli, Marryatt, Savage Landor, Campbell, LEL, the Smiths, Shelley, Jenkyn, Sir W.