A Rational Illustration of the Book of Common Prayer of the Church of England: Being the Substance of Every Thing Liturgical in Bishop Sparrow, Mr. L'Estrange, Dr. Comber, Dr. Nichols, and All Former Ritualists, Commentators, Or Others, Upon the Same Subject: Collected and Reduced Into One Continued and Regular Method, and Interspersed All Along with New Observations
Clarendon Press, 1819 - 531 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
afterwards ancient Apostles appointed Baptism baptized Bishop blessed book of King Bread called canon Catech celebrated Chap child Christ Christians Church of England Collect commemoration Common Prayer Book Communion Concil Confession Confirmation congregation consecrated Curate custom declared divine Dominical Letter Easter Eccl enjoined Epact Epistle Exhortation faith Father feast festival forms of prayer give God's God’s Gospel hath holy Communion Holy Ghost holy-days honour Hymn Jesus Jews King Edward last review Litany Liturgy Lord Lord's Prayer Marriage Matt mercy Minister moon Morning Nicene Creed observed occasion performed persons praise pray precomposed set forms Presbyters Priest primitive Christians primitive Church proper Psalm reason receive Reformation repentance rite rubric Sacrament Saviour Scotch Liturgy Scripture Sect shew sick sins solemn stand Sunday suppose Tertullian thee things tion tism unto whole words worship
472. oldal - Augustine saith, the Sacrament of the Body and Blood of Christ ; yet in no wise are they partakers of Christ, but rather, to their condemnation, do eat and drink the sign or sacrament of so great a thing.
472. oldal - CHRIST'S Body and Blood, the Curate shall instruct him, that if he do truly repent him of his sins, and steadfastly believe that JESUS CHRIST hath suffered death upon the Cross for him, and shed His blood for his redemption, earnestly remembering the benefits he hath thereby, and giving. Him hearty thanks therefore, he doth eat and drink the Body and Blood of our SAVIOUR CHRIST profitably to his soul's health, although he do not receive the Sacrament with his mouth.
119. oldal - Almighty God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who desireth not the death of a sinner, but rather that he may turn from his wickedness, and live; and hath given power, and commandment, to his Ministers, to declare and pronounce to his people, being penitent, the Absolution and Remission of their sins: He pardoneth and absolveth all them that truly repent, and unfeignedly believe his holy Gospel.
10. oldal - And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to GOD, with one accord, and said, LORD, thou art GOD which hast made heaven and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is...
264. oldal - And there shall none be admitted to the Holy Communion, until such time as he be confirmed, or be ready and desirous to be confirmed.
100. oldal - UPON the day, and at the time appointed for the ministration of the Holy Communion, the Priest that shall execute the holy Ministry, shall put upon him the Vesture appointed for that ministration, that is to say, a white Albe plain, with a Vestment or Cope.
94. oldal - And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach...
151. oldal - God ; yet ought we most chiefly so to do, when we assemble and meet together to render thanks for the great benefits that we have received at his hands, to set forth his most worthy praise, to hear his most holy Word, and to ask those things which are requisite and necessary, as well for the body as the soul.
261. oldal - Lord's Table until he know them to be reconciled. And if one of the parties so at variance be content to forgive from the bottom of his heart all that the other hath trespassed against him, and to make amends for that...