Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according answer appears bailed bearing bishop body Book brought called cause charge church clear command committed commons concerning contained contrary Corpus council counsel court Defendant delivered deposition desire Dittay divers doth earl England examinant expressed further give given granted hand hath honour imprisonment intention John Judges judgment justice king king's kingdom land leave letter libel liberty lord lord Rea lordships majesty majesty's manner matter means ment mentioned nature never objected offence opinion pannel parliament particular party person Petition precedents present prison proceedings prove punishment question quod reason received Record regis relation reply respect saving sedition sent shewed sovereign speak speeches statute subjects taken thereof thing thought tion told true unto warrant wherein writ writing
227. oldal - Parliament : and whereas no offender of what kind soever is exempted from the proceedings to be used and punishments to be inflicted by the laws and statutes of this your realm : nevertheless of late time divers commissions under Your Majesty's Great Seal have issued forth, by which certain persons have been assigned and appointed commissioners with power and authority to proceed within the land according to the justice of martial law...
227. oldal - ... divers of your subjects have of late been imprisoned without any cause showed ; and when for their deliverance they were brought before your justices by your Majesty's writs of habeas corpus, there to undergo and receive as the court should order, and their keepers commanded to certify the causes of their detainer, no cause was certified, but that they were detained by your Majesty's special command, signified by the lords of your Privy Council, and yet were returned back to several prisons,...
225. oldal - England, it is declared and enacted, That no freeman may be taken or imprisoned, or be disseised of his freehold or liberties, or his free customs, or be outlawed or exiled, or in any manner destroyed, but by the lawful judgment of his peers, or by the law of the land.
835. oldal - ... own designs, that he seemed seldom to wish more than was concluded ; and in many gross conclusions, which would hereafter contribute to designs not yet set on foot, when he found them sufficiently backed by majority of voices, he would withdraw himself before the question, that he might seem not to consent to so much visible unreasonableness ; which produced as great a doubt in some as it did approbation in others, of his integrity.
225. oldal - Nevertheless, against the tenor of the said statutes, and other, the good laws and statutes of your realm to that end provided, divers of your subjects have of late been imprisoned without any cause...
227. oldal - Charter, and the law of the land: and by the said Great Charter and other the laws and statutes of this your realm, no man ought to be adjudged to death; but by the laws established in this your realm, either by the customs of the same realm or by Acts of Parliament : and whereas no offender of what kind soever is exempted from the proceedings to be used, and punishments to be inflicted by the laws and statutes of this your realm: nevertheless of late...
835. oldal - And even with them who were able to preserve themselves from his infusions, and discerned those opinions to be fixed in him with which they could not comply, he always left the character of an ingenious and conscientious person.
227. oldal - Majesty, that no man hereafter be compelled to make or yield any gift, loan, benevolence, tax, or such like charge, without common consent by act of parliament...