Christian Unity Doctrinally and Historically Considered: In Eight Sermons Preached Before the University of Oxford, in the Year MDCCCXVI, at the Lecture Founded by the Late Rev. John Bampton, M.A., Canon of Salisbury
University Press for the author; sold by J. Parker, 1817 - 465 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Christian Unity Doctrinally and Historically Considered: In Eight Sermons ...
John Hume Spry
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2020
allowed Apostles appear Appendix appointed argument attempt authority believe bishops body called cause Christ Christian Church of England command common communion conduct considered continue desire directed discipline divine divisions doctrine duty Ecclesiæ Edit effect errors established evidence evil faith Father favour give Gospel hands hath hearts holy Jesus labours language learned Liturgy live Lord maintained means ment mind ministers nature necessary never NOTE object observed once opinion originally particular peace perhaps persons practice prayer present preserved primitive professed Protestant prove quæ quam reason received Reformation religion respect rule Saviour says schism Scrip Scriptures sense separation shew sincere speak spirit sufficient taught testimony things tion true truth union unity universal unto whole worship writings
137. oldal - When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.
80. oldal - Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ : that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel...
416. oldal - But Jesus said, Forbid him not : for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
417. oldal - What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
316. oldal - For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed...
70. oldal - Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way: only fear the Lord, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.
315. oldal - Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
49. oldal - Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you : as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them ; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.