The New Testament of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, with References, and a Key Sheet of Questions, Historical, Doctrinal, and Practical: Designed to Facilitate the Acquisition of Scriptural Knowledge, in Bible Classes, Sunday Schools, Common Schools, and Private Families
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according angel answered beast behold believe Blessed blood body brethren brought called cast cause CHAP chief church cometh commanded dead death devil disciples earth enter evil eyes faith Father fear flesh followed gave give given glory grace hand hast hath hear heard heart heaven Holy hour Jerusalem Jesus Christ Jews John judge king kingdom light live Lord Mark º º pass Paul peace Peter pray preach priests prophets receive righteousness saith unto say unto seen sent servant seven shalt shew sins ſº spake speak spirit stand stood temple thee ther things thou took truth Verily voice walk whole witness woman written
90. oldal - And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just ; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
121. oldal - The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
338. oldal - Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils ; speaking lies in hypocrisy ; having their conscience seared with a hot iron ; forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
269. oldal - Where is the wise? where is the scribe ? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
403. oldal - And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
118. oldal - From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
165. oldal - Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me : for I proceeded forth and came from God ; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
283. oldal - Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. 28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
25. oldal - And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away. 23 And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone. 24 But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves : for the wind was contrary.