The American Practical Lunarian: And Seaman's Guide ... To which are Annexed, a Compendium of Marine Law, and Mercantile Regulations and Customs; Being a Correct and Useful Guide to All Men in Business ... Marine Insurance Laws ... Commercial Forms
R. Desilver, 1822 - 915 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
aforesaid altitude anchor appear arrived barratry bill bill of lading Board of Health bottomry bound cable Cape captain cargo cent charter party chronometer coast consignee court damage defendant degrees diameter distance ditto dollars earth east eastward eclipse ecliptic equal equator exported fathoms feet freight Funchal Greenwich guilders gulf stream half haul horizontal parallax inches island JMoney land latitude Lazaretto leagues liable London longitude Lord Lord Ellenborough Lord Mansfield loss mariners master merchandise merchant mercury meridian miles moon moon's moon’s Nautical Almanac noon observed orbit owners paid parallax passed person Philadelphia picul pilot plaintiff planet policy of assurance port or place pounds recover rix-dollar round sail semi-diameter shillings ship or vessel ship's shoal shore star staysail sterling sun's tack taken Term Rep thereof tide tion trade underwriter voyage weather westward wind
739. oldal - ... arrests, restraints, and detainments of all kings, princes, and people, of what nation, condition, or quality soever, barratry of the master and mariners, and of all other perils, losses, and misfortunes that have or shall come to the hurt, detriment, or damage of the said goods and merchandises and ship, &c., or any part thereof.
740. oldal - And so we the assurers are contented, and do hereby promise and bind ourselves each one for his own part, our heirs, executors, and goods to the assured, their executors, administrators, and assigns for the true performance of the premises, confessing ourselves paid the consideration due unto us for this assurance by the assured at and after the rate of IN WITNESS WHEREOF we the assurers have subscribed our names and sums assured in (London).
743. oldal - ... they are, of the seas, men-of-war, fire," enemies, pirates, rovers, thieves, jettisons, letters of mart and countermart, surprisals, takings at sea, arrests, restraints and detainments of all kings, princes, and people* of what nation, condition, or quality soever...
742. oldal - ... and in case of any loss or misfortune it shall be lawful to the assured, their factors, servants, and assigns, to sue, labour, and travel for, in, and about the defence, safeguard, and recovery of the said goods and merchandizes and ship, &c., or any part thereof, without prejudice to this insurance...
744. oldal - And it is agreed by us, the Insurers, that this Writing or Policy of Assurance shall be of as much Force and Effect as the surest Writing or Policy of Assurance heretofore made in Lombard Street, or in the Royal Exchange, or elsewhere in London.
737. oldal - ... upon any kind of Goods and Merchandises, and also upon the Body, Tackle, Apparel, Ordnance, Munition, Artillery, Boat and other Furniture, of and in the good Ship or Vessel called the...
739. oldal - Ship, &c., or any Part thereof, without Prejudice to this Insurance ; to the Charges whereof we, the Assurers, will contribute, each one according to the Rate and Quantity of his sum herein assured.
739. oldal - Be it known that as well in own name as for and in the name and names of all and every other person or persons to whom the same doth, may, or shall appertain, in part or in all...
394. oldal - ... that a line drawn from the centre of the sun to the centre of the earth...