Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affirm afterwards Amasis amongst ancient animals Apollo appears Argives Aristagoras army arrived Asia assert Astyages Athenians Athens attack authority Barbarians battle betwixt body called Cambyses celebrated Cleomenes commanded conduct Croesus custom Cyrus Darius daughter death deity Delphi Demaratus Diodorus Diodorus Siculus divine Egypt Egyptians enemy engaged esteemed expedition father favour fleet gold Grecian Greece Greeks Hellespont Hercules Herodotus Homer honour horse hundred informed inhabitants Ionians island Jupiter king Lacedaemonians land Larcher Libya Lydians manner Mardonius means Medes mentioned Milesians Miletus Minerva nations Nile observed occasion opinion oracle particular passage passed Pausanias Peloponnese Persians person Phenicians Phoceans Pliny Plutarch possessed present priests prince reign remarkable rendered replied river sacred sacrifice Salamis Samians Sardis says Scythians sent Siculus soon Spartans speak stadia Strabo temple thing thousand tion took troops vessels victory whilst women Xerxes
185. oldal - I am, and none else beside me ; I shall not sit as a widow, neither shall I know the loss of children :" but these two things shall come to thee in a moment in one day, the loss of children...
326. oldal - Then the men of David sware unto him, saying, Thou shalt go no more out with us to battle, that thou quench not the light of Israel.
335. oldal - I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill ; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
244. oldal - And the people gave a shout, saying : — " It is the voice of a god, and not of a man." And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory : and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.
11. oldal - The days of our age are threescore years and ten ; and though men be so strong that they come to fourscore years, yet is their strength then but labour and sorrow ; so soon passeth it away, and we are gone.
126. oldal - And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the LORD...
244. oldal - And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them. And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man. And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.
141. oldal - And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head.