Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Key to the Bible: Being an Exposition of the History, Axioms, and General ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
according Acts Adam adopted affirm applied ascertain authority AXIOM believe Bible CHAPTER character Christ Christian Church common sense consistent contradict correct death decisions difficulties direct divine doctrine earth error evidence existence express fact faith Fathers give given Gospel hands harmony heart Hence Holy human idea illustration importance inspired instance intended interpretation knowledge labors language literal Lord man's manner matter meaning method mind moral Moses nature never object original passage person position present principles prophecy prophets prove question quoted reason receive record reference regard religion respect revelation rule sacred Scrip Scriptures simply sinner sins soul sound speak Spirit stand teachings theory things thou tion true truth understand understood whole words writers written
95. oldal - But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him : that the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report ? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed...
142. oldal - Before him went the pestilence, and burning coals went forth at his feet. He stood, and measured the earth: he beheld, and drove asunder the nations; and the everlasting mountains were scattered, the perpetual hills did bow: his ways are everlasting.
220. oldal - Thus saith the Lord ; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season ; Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.
73. oldal - Before all temples the upright heart and pure, Instruct me, for thou know'st; thou from the first Wast present, and, with mighty wings outspread, Dove-like, sat'st brooding on the vast abyss, And mad'st it pregnant: what in me is dark Illumine; what is low, raise and support; That to the height of this great argument I may assert eternal Providence, And justify the ways of God to men.
128. oldal - Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots ? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.
156. oldal - There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
285. oldal - IT were infinite for the law to judge the causes of causes, and their impulsions one of another ; therefore, it contenteth itself with the immediate cause, and judgeth of acts by that, without looking to any further degree.
91. oldal - If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
92. oldal - And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth...
157. oldal - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth He any man. But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.