Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appear Baptist become believe called cause character China Chinese Christ Christian church connection Constantine constituted course death direction divine doctrine emperor empire existence expression fact faith father feelings give given gospel hand happiness heart holy hope human hundred idea important influence interest Italy Jesus knowledge labor land language latter learning less light living look Lord manner means mind missionary moral nature never object observation origin passage passed period Persian preaching present principles reader reason received reference regard relation religion religious remarks respect seems sense society soul speak spirit success suffering thing thought tion traveller true truth universal volume whole worship writers York
596. oldal - Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ, to the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known, by the church, the manifold wisdom of God, according to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ...
20. oldal - For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.
578. oldal - While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name : those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the Son of Perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.
593. oldal - In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good.
195. oldal - And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.
191. oldal - And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that he talked with the woman : yet no man said, What seekest thou ? or, Why talkest thou with her?
52. oldal - A philosopher might admire so noble a conception : but the crowd turned away in disgust from words which presented no image to their minds. It was before Deity embodied in a human form, walking among men, partaking of their infirmities, leaning on their bosoms, weeping over their graves, slumbering in the manger, bleeding on the cross, that the prejudices of the Synagogue, and the doubts of the Academy, and the pride of the Portico, and the fasces of the Lictor, and the swords of thirty legions,...
396. oldal - And, methought, they spake as if joy did make them speak. They spake with such pleasantness of scripture language, and with such appearance of grace in all they said, that they were to me as if they had found a new world ; as if they were 'people that dwelt alone, and were not to be reckoned among their neighbours.