Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action Admitted allowed alteration amend amount appeared application appointed attorney bankruptcy bill called cause Chancery charge claim clerk Commissioners Committee Common considered costs County County Court course creditors debt deed defendant Died directed duty effect election England entered entitled evidence examination execution expense extend fact fees filed fund further give given granted ground held House interest issue John Judge judgment July jurisdiction justice land liable limited London Lord Master ment necessary notice object obtained opinion paid parties passed payment person petition plaintiff practice present principle proceedings Profession proposed question reason received reference relating respect Roll rule Society solicitor stamp Statutes suit Superior taken Term thereof tion trial trust Vice-Chancellor Vict whole witnesses
357. oldal - ... conviction, without proof of the signature or official character of the person appearing to have signed the same.
358. oldal - Comparison of a disputed writing with any writing proved to the satisfaction of the Judge to be genuine shall be permitted to be made by witnesses; and such writings, and the evidence of witnesses respecting the same, may be submitted to the Court and jury as evidence of the genuineness, or otherwise, of the writing in dispute.
374. oldal - Court or a judge may, upon the ex parte application of such judgment creditor, either before or after such oral examination, and upon affidavit by himself or his solicitor stating that judgment has been recovered, and that it is still unsatisfied, and to what amount, and that any other person is indebted to the judgment debtor, and is within the jurisdiction, order that all debts owing or accruing from such third person (hereinafter called the garnishee) to the judgment debtor shall be attached to...
336. oldal - Viet. c. 113), which enacts that " when any person shall, after the 31st of December, 1854, die seised of or entitled to any estate or interest in any land or other hereditaments, which shall at the time of his death be charged with the payment of any sum or sums of money by way of mortgage, and such person shall not, by his will or deed or other document, have signified any contrary or other intention, the heir or devisee to Chap.
357. oldal - A party producing a witness shall not be allowed to impeach his credit by general evidence of bad character, but he may, in case the witness shall in the opinion of the judge prove adverse...
394. oldal - ... upon or against any person in order to induce or compel such person to vote or refrain from voting, or on account of such person having voted or refrained from voting...
356. oldal - If the reference is to two arbitrators, the two arbitrators may appoint an umpire at any time within the period during which they have power to make an award.
446. oldal - An Act to defray the Charge of the Pay, Clothing, and contingent and other Expenses of the Disembodied Militia in Great Britain and Ireland; to grant Allowances in certain Cases to Subaltern Officers, Adjutants, Paymasters, Quartermasters, Surgeons, Assistant-Surgeons and Surgeons' Mates of the Militia ; and to authorize the Employment of the Non-Commissioned Officers.