Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
allow appear attended authority bank become bill body called capital cause character church civil clergy coin common consequence consideration considered constitution continued Count course crime death direct diseases duty effect Emperor England English equal established execution existence fact feel give given gold hand honor human important increase individual influence interest Italy justice kind king least less letter liberty lives Longwood Lord manner means ment mind moral nature necessary never object observed occasion offence officers opinion parliament particular pass passion perhaps period persons political pounds practice present principles prisoner produce proved punishment quantity reason received relations respect restrictions seems sense shillings society speak spirit supposed taken thing thought tion true truth whole wish
334. oldal - Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid...
160. oldal - Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
148. oldal - Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth ; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.
332. oldal - Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power ? Do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same. For he is a minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid ; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
437. oldal - Totamque infusa per artus, Mens agitat molem, et magno se corpore miscet.
332. oldal - ... for he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid ; for he beareth not the sword in vain. For he is a minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
121. oldal - I could not be spared, which was true. They have removed the poor Duchess to a lodging in the neighbourhood, where I have been with her two hours, and am just come away. I never saw so melancholy a scene ; for indeed all reasons for real grief belong to her ; nor is it possible for anybody to be a greater loser in all regards. She has moved my very soul.
166. oldal - And we will that if any judgment be given from henceforth, contrary to the points of the Charters aforesaid, by the justices or by any other our ministers that hold plea before them against the points of the Charters, it shall be undone and holden for nought.
2. oldal - The Prince Regent has commanded us to direct your particular attention to the deficiency which has so long existed in the number of places of public worship belonging to the established church, when compared with the increased and increasing population of the country.
308. oldal - Among so many chances of escaping, the needy and hardened offender overlooks the multitude that suffer ; he boldly engages in some desperate attempt, to relieve his wants or supply his vices : and, if unexpectedly the hand of justice overtakes him, he deems himself peculiarly unfortunate, in falling at last a sacrifice to those laws, which long impunity has taught him to contemn.