Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able according activity actual admit asserted assume authority become believe Bible body called Catholic cause Christ Christian church civil communicated communion contend corporation deny divine doctrine doubt earth effect elements equal error eternal evil existence fact faith Father feel force future give given heart hold holy hope human human nature ideal ideas individuals infinite inspiration intelligence interests Jesus labor least Leroux less light live look man's manifest material matter means merely mind moral nature necessary never object organization original ourselves past philosophy possible present principle progress question race realize reason reform regard relation religion religious seek seen sense separate social society soul speak spirit term things thought tion true truth unity universal virtue whole
436. oldal - Mammon led them on, Mammon, the least erected Spirit that fell From Heaven; for even in Heaven his looks and thoughts Were always downward bent, admiring more The riches of Heaven's pavement, trodden gold, Than aught divine or holy else enjoyed In vision beatific.
580. oldal - The Romish Doctrine concerning Purgatory, Pardons, Worshipping and Adoration, as well of Images as of Relics, and also Invocation of Saints, is a fond thing, vainly invented, and grounded upon no warranty of Scripture, but rather repugnant to the Word of God.
460. oldal - Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten. Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire.
9. oldal - A new commandment give I unto you, That ye love one another ; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are My disciples, if ye have love one to another.
164. oldal - THAT which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life ; (for the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us...
385. oldal - See man for mine!" replies a pamper'd goose: And just as short of reason he must fall, Who thinks all made for one, not one for all.
126. oldal - THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF. Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
427. oldal - The condition of England, on which many pamphlets are now in the course of publication, and many thoughts unpublished are going on in every reflective head, is justly regarded as one of the most ominous, and withal one of the strangest, ever seen in this world. England is full of wealth, of multifarious produce, supply for human want in every kind; yet England is dying of inanition.
300. oldal - Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.