Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able action appeared applied asked attack attended awoke became become believe benefit better body brain called cause continued course cure directed disease doubt effect Elliotson excitement experiments eyes facts feel felt frequently gave give half hand head hospital hour human increased influence instance kind lady less light look magnet matter means medicine mesmerised mesmerism mind minutes months morning nature nerves nervous never night object observed occasion occurred once operation ordered organs pain passes patient performed persons phenomena present produced proved relation remained remarkable removed result seemed seen sent severe side sleep soon suffering things thought tion took tried truth usual weeks whole witnessed young Zoist
69. oldal - This also we humbly and earnestly beg, that human things may not prejudice such as are divine ; neither that from the unlocking of the gates of sense, and the kindling of a greater natural light, any thing of incredulity, or intellectual night, may arise in our minds towards divine mysteries.
69. oldal - To God the Father, God the Word, God the Spirit, we pour forth most humble and hearty supplications ; that he remembering the calamities of mankind, and the pilgrimage of this our life, in which we wear out days few and evil, would please to open to us new refreshments out of the fountains of his goodness, for the alleviating of our miseries.
347. oldal - Swedenborg went out, and after a short interval returned to the company quite pale and alarmed. He said that a dangerous fire had just broken out in Stockholm, at the Sudermalm, (Gottenburg is about three hundred miles from Stockholm) and that it was spreading very fast.
347. oldal - Sudermalm (Gottenburg is about three hundred miles from Stockholm), and that it was spreading very fast. He was restless, and went out often ; he said that the house of one of his friends, whom he named, was already in ashes, and that his own was in danger. At 8 o'clock, after he had been out again, he joyfully exclaimed, ' Thank God ! the fire is extinguished the third door from my house.
346. oldal - I am not aware that any body has ever perceived in me an inclination to the marvellous, or a weakness approaching to credulity. So much is certain, that, notwithstanding all the narrations of apparitions and visions concerning the spiritual world, of which a great number of the most probable are known to me, I have always considered it to be most in agreement with the rule of sound reason to incline to the negative side ; not...
95. oldal - With the walls unwhitewashed for years, black with the smoke of foul chimneys, without water, with corded bed-stocks for beds, and sacking for bedclothing, with floors unwashed from year to year, without outoffices...
347. oldal - Stockholm,) and that it was spreading very fast. He was restless, and went out often, He said that the house of one of his friends, whom he named, was already in ashes, and that his own was in danger. At eight o'clock, after he had been out again, he joyfully exclaimed, 'Thank GOD! the fire is extinguished, the third door from my house.
347. oldal - Swedenborg, towards the end of September, on Saturday, at four o'clock, pm, arrived at Gothenburg from England, Mr. William Castel invited him to his house, together with a party of fifteen persons. About six o'clock M.
384. oldal - There is given Unto the things of earth, which Time hath bent, A spirit's feeling, and where he hath leant His hand, but broke his scythe, there is a power And magic in the ruined battlement, For which the palace of the present hour Must yield its pomp, and wait till ages are its dower.