Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Adam admiration ancient angels appears beautiful bring called cause character dark death deep delight described divine doubt earth equal evil expression eyes fable fair fall father fire force genius give given glory hand happy hast hath head heart heaven hell hope human imagination invention Italy kind king language learning less light lines living look Lord manner mean Milton mind nature never Newton night observes once opinion Paradise Lost passage perhaps person poem poet poetical poetry praise present probably reader reason received round Satan says seems sentiments soon speaking speech spirit stood strength sublime supposed taste thee things thou thought throne true truth verse virtue voice Warton whole
lxxv. oldal - her nocturnal note. Thus with the year Seasons return ; but not to me returns Day, or the sweet approach of eve or morn, Or sight of vernal bloom, or summer's rose, Or flocks, or herds, or human face divine ; But cloud instead, and cver-during dark .Surrounds me, from the cheerful ways of men
lxxvii. oldal - And I looked, and beheld a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him : and power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with sickness, and with the beasts of the earth.
507. oldal - harsh and crabbed, as dull fools suppose ; But musical as is Apollo's lute ", And a perpetual feast of nectar'd sweets, Where no crude surfeit reigns. El. Br. List, list ; I hear Some far-off halloo break the silent air. Sec. Br. Methought so too ; what should it be ? El. Br. For certain Either some one like us
576. oldal - Straight mine eye hath caught new pleasures ', Whilst the landskip round it measures ; *• Russet lawns, and fallows gray, Where the nibbling flocks do stray ; Mountains on whose barren breast The labouring clouds do often rest ; Meadows trim with daisies pide, Shallow brooks, and rivers wide : Towers and battlements it sees Bosom'd high in
562. oldal - In : But that two-handed engine at the door Stands ready to smite once, and smite no more *. Return, Alpheus ; the dread voice is past. That shrunk thy streams"; return, Sicilian Muse, And call the vales, and bid them hither cast Their bells and flowerets of a thousand hues. Ye valleys low, where the mild whispers
xcvi. oldal - Have forfeited their ancient English dower Of inward happiness. We are selfish men ; 0, raise us up ! return to us again ; And give us manners, virtue, freedom, power. Thou hadst a voice, whose sound was like the sea : Thy soul was like a star, and dwelt apart : Pure as the naked heavens, majestic, free
602. oldal - Forget not : in thy book record their groans Who were thy sheep, and in their ancient fold Slain by the bloody Piemontese that roll'd Mother with infant down the rocks *. Their moans The vales redoubled to the lulls, and they To Heaven. Their martyr'd blood and ashes sow O'er all
91. oldal - Sweet is the breath of morn, her rising sweet, With charm of earliest birds ; pleasant the sun, When first on this delightful land he spreads His orient beams, on herb, tree, fruit, and flower, Glistering with dew ; fragrant the fertile earth After soft showers ; and sweet the coming on
602. oldal - ON HIS BLINDNESS. WHEN I consider how my light is spent Ere half my days, in this dark world and wide, And that one talent which is death to hide *, Lodged with me useless, though my soul more bent To serve therewith my Maker, and present My true account, lest He, returning, chide ; " Doth God exact day-labour, light denied
494. oldal - dire*, And aery tongues that syllable " men's names On sands, and shores, and desert wildernesses. These thoughts may startle well, but not astound The virtuous mind, that ever walks attended By a strong-siding champion. Conscience.— O, welcome, pure-eyed Faith ; white-handed Hope, Thou hovering angel girt with golden wings * ; And thou.
A Könyvkereső összes találata »
Statistically Speaking: A Dictionary of Quotations
Korlátozott előnézet - 2018