Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Lectures on the Doctrines and Practices of the Roman Catholic Church ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2020
allow answer apostles appear argument authority believe blessed blood body bread brethren brought called Catholic Catholic church character Christ Christianity church common complete confession consequently considered continued conversion course difficulties discourse divine doctrine enter essential established evident examine existence expression faith fathers feelings figure flesh followed give given grounds hand holy idea important individual instance institution interpretation Jews language least literal look manner means merely mind Mission Missionaries nature necessarily necessary object observe once passages perhaps persons Peter portion possession possible precisely present principle Protestant prove quoted reason received regarding religion represent rule satisfied Saviour Scripture sense simply sins speaking sufficient suppose taken teach tells thing true truth understand whole wish words writings written
335. oldal - Take, eat; this is my body which is given for you ; do this in remembrance of me. Likewise after supper he took the cup; and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of this; for this is my blood of the New Testament, which is shed for you and for many, for the remission of sins; do this, as oft as ye shall drink it, in remembrance of me.
21. oldal - Holy Scripture containeth all things necessary to salvation: so that whatsoever is not read therein, nor may be proved thereby, is not to be required of any man, that it should be believed as an article of the Faith, or be thought requisite or necessary to salvation.
69. oldal - As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord ; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.
312. oldal - I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If any man eat of this bread he shall live for ever ; and the bread that I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.
68. oldal - Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes; For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.
237. oldal - Why reason ye these things in your hearts? Whether is easier, to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins are forgiven ; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk? But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins...
217. oldal - THEY also are to be had accursed that presume to say, That every man shall be saved by the Law or Sect which he professeth, so that he be diligent to frame his life according to that Law, and the light of Nature. For Holy Scripture doth set out unto us only the Name of Jesus Christ, whereby men must be saved.
310. oldal - And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?
207. oldal - But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned, and hast been assured of; knowing of whom thou hast learned them ; and that from a child thou hast known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.